How to play Bubba?

Really, I have no idea how to make those long chainsaws we saw when his rework first came out. Can you use all the chainsaw stacks at once without addons? I used to play him without addons and just tried him for the first time since his rework: found it unplayable, since his chainsaw lasts 1 second. Any advice?

Comments

  • If you're talking about the 30 second chainsaw runs that people were doing in the PTB, naw that mostly got nerfed. You can still KINDA do it by stacking his pink addons, but then only if you pinball between survivors like a psycho chainsaw Legion. Which... actually sounds pretty rad.

    I've been playng a lot of new Bubba with no addons, so his chainsaw does last for around 5 seconds (give or take). I hate to ask the obvious question, but are you timing your chainsaw charges correctly? You should be pressing M2 again with every third grunt that Bubba makes.

  • @TheWarNung said:

    If you're talking about the 30 second chainsaw runs that people were doing in the PTB, naw that mostly got nerfed. You can still KINDA do it by stacking his pink addons, but then only if you pinball between survivors like a psycho chainsaw Legion. Which... actually sounds pretty rad.

    I've been playng a lot of new Bubba with no addons, so his chainsaw does last for around 5 seconds (give or take). I hate to ask the obvious question, but are you timing your chainsaw charges correctly? You should be pressing M2 again with every third grunt that Bubba makes.

    if I press M2 again with every third grunt that Bubba makes it will consume another stak and keep chansawing? I'm asking because I played him twice and all I was doing was chansawing the old way and could never use more than one of his stacks. sorry if I'm late to him, haven't played a lot recently lol

  • When you finish the sweep and are with the sprint of the chainsaw, release M2.

    JUST when charging is about to finish, press M2 again.

  • 1) Equip Bamboozle

    2) Block a window

    3) Rev your chainsaw

    4) Hold W

    5) Profit

  • During the chainsaw attack you will notice the red powerbar going down. Tap the power key/button to use a charge whenever the powerbar reaches the number to get the most range out of the chainsaw attack. At base you have to use the first charge after 4 swings and the last charge after 3 additional swings.

    Chilli addons increase the timing window thus allowing you to get an additional chainsaw swing per charge at perfect timing.

    Video sample:

    https://youtu.be/JTIvWH4JgYE

    Particularly at 0:35 you will see me waiting till the very last millisecond before using the charges as indicated by the power bar as the survivor sprint bursted away forcing me to get the highest possible chainsaw range.

    If you have more questions feel free to ask.

  • @aregularplayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576609#Comment_1576609

    if I press M2 again with every third grunt that Bubba makes it will consume another stak and keep chansawing? I'm asking because I played him twice and all I was doing was chansawing the old way and could never use more than one of his stacks. sorry if I'm late to him, haven't played a lot recently lol

    Yeah. Exactly what you just said. Press M2 during your chainsaw to consume a stack and refill your power meter. Ideally you press M2 just before your meter runs out to get the maximum amount of distance.

    This is ROUGHLY every third Bubba grunt. It takes a bit of practice, but it's not too hard.

    I really love New Bubba. He's pretty legit scary, and survivors (myself included) are still in the habit of underestimating just how long his chainsaw can last.

  • thank you guys for the advises, I'll be trying him again later.

    also, cool video @Yamaoka ! well done!