Can survivors have a surrender feature?

Sometimes I get those matches where the killer will slug me or a teammate until everyone is down. At that point the game is pretty much over, the killer won.

The issue with slugging for the 4k sometimes is that slugs like to move lol. And because the endgame collapse timer is slowed when there is a downed survivor, that survivor will have to sit there and bleed out. I think a surrender feature would be nice, but it can only be used if all the remaining survivors are incapacitated (hooked or slugged)

I've seen a few posts about having a feature like this although it was more abusable. Mainly their ideas were to allow the survivor to just bleed out and die instantly.

If the surrender vote is 3/4 or unanimous, then everyone is executed by the entity and the killer will get their sacrifice points accordingly.

Do you think there should be a surrender function for killer? If so, what criteria would they have to meet in order to surrender?

Comments

  • For Killers? After X amounf ot time, the killer can go into the basement and stand on a "circle". Press M1 to channel the entity. The entity will grab you after and end the trial. You will depip, no matter what.

    The timer is needed so it can't be abused at the start of the game. We don't know the average length of a match, but I would go with 5 - 7 Minutes.

  • @Xzan said:

    For Killers? After X amounf ot time, the killer can go into the basement and stand on a "circle". Press M1 to channel the entity. The entity will grab you after and end the trial. You will depip, no matter what.

    The timer is needed so it can't be abused at the start of the game. We don't know the average length of a match, but I would go with 5 - 7 Minutes.

    I would wanna see the animation for that lol. But I like the timer Idea, that way killers cant just insta surrender on a bad map.

  • Dc penalty is back, and a self surrender just ruins the game.

    A team surrender is way better.

  • People would just use it to surrender whenever things aren't going their way, they get a killer they dislike, a map they dislike, or they're just against a good killer. Too many ways to abuse something like that, and games/bleed out isn't really long enough to justify any sort of benefit over the abuses that come from it.

  • @Alphasoul05 said:

    People would just use it to surrender whenever things aren't going their way, they get a killer they dislike, a map they dislike, or they're just against a good killer. Too many ways to abuse something like that, and games/bleed out isn't really long enough to justify any sort of benefit over the abuses that come from it.

    This

  • I dunno, I closed my DbD app twice today, once when they burned for Ormonds and the other when they last second changed to key. Neither tine had penalty. Maybe I just was quick enough to not count as a game since we never loaded in completely, or maybe it’s off again.

  • Haha imagine how many SWFs would use the team surrender feature. If the killer is slugging then I just check my social media or listen to music and just wait. Being slugged isn't exactly fun, but the bleed out timer is only 4 minutes.

  • @Deathslinger said:

    I dunno, I closed my DbD app twice today, once when they burned for Ormonds and the other when they last second changed to key. Neither tine had penalty. Maybe I just was quick enough to not count as a game since we never loaded in completely, or maybe it’s off again.

    Yeah quitting the game doesn't count as a proper dc because the game hasn't loaded therefore you don't get a dc penalty, it's a good counter for last second switching without a time penalty.

  • @Alphasoul05 said:

    People would just use it to surrender whenever things aren't going their way, they get a killer they dislike, a map they dislike, or they're just against a good killer. Too many ways to abuse something like that, and games/bleed out isn't really long enough to justify any sort of benefit over the abuses that come from it.

    Thats why it should only activate when all survivors are incapacitated, I said this already. Lol

  • @Katie_met said:

    Haha imagine how many SWFs would use the team surrender feature. If the killer is slugging then I just check my social media or listen to music and just wait. Being slugged isn't exactly fun, but the bleed out timer is only 4 minutes.

    Not all swfs are death squads, and 4 minutes is a looong time. I just want a surrender feature to avoid situations where someone bleeds out on the ground, the game is over so just end it 🤷🏿‍♂️

  • I'm in favor of surrender options if done correctly rather than in a way that would screw over other players. I'd say the game needs to have gone on for at least 5 minutes to force at least some effort. If the survivors are surrendering, it needs to be unanimous amongst all the survivors who are currently left. The side that isn't surrendering gets all their addons and offerings back, and they get max bloodpoints for each category to ensure they don't miss out on any bloodpoints they could have gotten. And the surrendering team doesn't get any bloodpoints for failing to finish the match.

  • survivors have one let the killer grab them kill on hook, i wish killers could have something similar.

  • Identity V has a surrender system (IIRC, Killer can surrender after a certain amount of time has passed, Survivors can surrender if everyone is downed and the decision is unanimous among all Survivors). It works well, from the looks of it. I would use that system.

  • you need this:

    @Kind_Lemon said:

    From a comment I don't want buried on another thread:

    "Survivors in the dying state no longer have a life bar. Instead, after remaining in one place on the ground for 30 or more seconds, crows will begin to land on a dying survivor's body. A new crow will land every 10-15 seconds. After there are 4 crows on a dying survivor, a murder will descend from above to consume the survivor alive. A killer or survivor running within 4 meters of the survivor will scare all the crows off. Crows will immediately begin landing once the disturbance has left.

    Best solution imo because it fits the horror atmosphere of DbD while allowing enough time (60 seconds minimum) for killers to find a survivor that has given up."

    I propose this change to give survivors both more agency in how their gameplay progresses in the dying state and to expedite the scenarios in which multiple survivors are downed without Unbreakable or a way to escape the trial and have to wait for the killer to find and pick them all up. I wouldn't mind instead keeping the survivor life bar but shortening it drastically and replenishing it every time a survivor is downed.

  • @Dehitay said:

    I'm in favor of surrender options if done correctly rather than in a way that would screw over other players. I'd say the game needs to have gone on for at least 5 minutes to force at least some effort. If the survivors are surrendering, it needs to be unanimous amongst all the survivors who are currently left. The side that isn't surrendering gets all their addons and offerings back, and they get max bloodpoints for each category to ensure they don't miss out on any bloodpoints they could have gotten. And the surrendering team doesn't get any bloodpoints for failing to finish the match.

    I think they should still get bp, if they dont grt the bp that they earned, then why ask for evertone's approval to give up when you can just dc?