Server side hit validation doesnt check #########

Constantly getting hit through windows and vpn killers are still hitting air. I thought the server was suppose to engate hits that dont connect why is it still not punishing ######### wifi killers. Beta my ass dont release unfinished products.

Comments

  • lol, it works fine, getting hit while vaulting is fine, 60 ping 0.06ms + 0.06ms killer in the best case scenario would mean you could only get hit through a window within a time frame of 0.12 seconds, if you can't play ahead of your opponent by 0.12 seconds maybe you just aren't good

  • @bjorksnas said:

    lol, it works fine, getting hit while vaulting is fine, 60 ping 0.06ms + 0.06ms killer in the best case scenario would mean you could only get hit through a window within a time frame of 0.12 seconds, if you can't play ahead of your opponent by 0.12 seconds maybe you just aren't good

    i Hit after I land on the ground is not fine nor is the blade not even touching me but me getting damaged is fine. You talk about me being survivor sided you should know hits have been messed up for survivor.

    So no it's not fine me and my friends have clips I can provide so do other forum members.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574704#Comment_1574704

    i Hit after I land on the ground is not fine nor is the blade not even touching me but me getting damaged is fine. You talk about me being survivor sided you should know hits have been messed up for survivor.

    So no it's not fine me and my friends have clips I can provide so do other forum members.

    Those clips aren't best case senario, the server connection could have been 120 survivor and 120 killer, however hit validation is only a bandaid fix for vpners people with 300-500+ ping not regular servers

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574716#Comment_1574716

    Those clips aren't best case senario, the server connection could have been 120 survivor and 120 killer, however hit validation is only a bandaid fix for vpners people with 300-500+ ping not regular servers

    Except I have 60 ping consistently and I'm getting hit through windows and having damage dealt from air. Yeah foh

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574704#Comment_1574704

    i Hit after I land on the ground is not fine nor is the blade not even touching me but me getting damaged is fine. You talk about me being survivor sided you should know hits have been messed up for survivor.

    So no it's not fine me and my friends have clips I can provide so do other forum members.

    if you are still near the window I think the hit should count how close are you when your hit?

    hits and grab been messed up for a long time not going to get 100% fix soon.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574716#Comment_1574716

    if you are still near the window I think the hit should count how close are you when your hit?

    hits and grab been messed up for a long time not going to get 100% fix soon.

    When I fast vault and land I should not be hit you are safe as soon as you land a fast vault test it out I'm telling you. Its frustrating.

  • I feel like I'm getting worse hits than I was before when in the lobby it's showing ping between 50-60. I was hit behind the killer, hit on other side of a car, and when killer is so far back their red stain isn't even touching me anymore.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574744#Comment_1574744

    Except I have 60 ping consistently and I'm getting hit through windows and having damage dealt from air. Yeah foh

    you can have 60 ping all you want but its the killers ping that will determine how far you will be hit through a window


  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574779#Comment_1574779

    When I fast vault and land I should not be hit you are safe as soon as you land a fast vault test it out I'm telling you. Its frustrating.

    I don't think it's ever worked like that. You don't get invincibility frames anytime while or after vaulting windows no matter if its fast, medium or slow. You can still get hit over a window and you can get hit if you hug the window, all that matters is the distance from that window.

    I don't doubt that some people are getting phantom hit when they are well away from it, but there seems to be a few that think windows act like a physical wall and not.. well, like an open window.

  • same. In one match against a doctor i had pulled a pallet down on him and he managed to hit me through it. Overall i just hope that it gets better with time since most of my matches has had hits where there shouldn't have been

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574761#Comment_1574761

    you can have 60 ping all you want but its the killers ping that will determine how far you will be hit through a window

    Ik hits are killer prioritized but the server is supposed to check.

  • @WeenieDog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574807#Comment_1574807

    I don't think it's ever worked like that. You don't get invincibility frames anytime while or after vaulting windows no matter if its fast, medium or slow. You can still get hit over a window and you can get hit if you hug the window, all that matters is the distance from that window.

    I don't doubt that some people are getting phantom hit when they are well away from it, but there seems to be a few that think windows act like a physical wall and not.. well, like an open window.

    that what I trying to say but they not getting it.

  • @WeenieDog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574807#Comment_1574807

    I don't think it's ever worked like that. You don't get invincibility frames anytime while or after vaulting windows no matter if its fast, medium or slow. You can still get hit over a window and you can get hit if you hug the window, all that matters is the distance from that window.

    I don't doubt that some people are getting phantom hit when they are well away from it, but there seems to be a few that think windows act like a physical wall and not.. well, like an open window.

    Go test it out in custom fast vault then have the killer swing you are 100% safe. Dont move just fast vault.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574851#Comment_1574851

    Ik hits are killer prioritized but the server is supposed to check.

    Hit validation is still for those edge cases where you get hit a second or two after vaulting vs the killer with 500+ ping

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574857#Comment_1574857

    Hit validation is still for those edge cases where you get hit a second or two after vaulting vs the killer with 500+ ping

    Regardless of the ping if I'm taking steps and I'm getting hit that's a problem never happened 2 years ago I dont know why it's doing that now.

  • 2 years ago the servers were based off killer ping instead of dedicated servers, connections were better because on average you have a killer ping of 0 and a survivor ping of anywhere from 0-1000 so the only thing to worry about was your own connection,

    However people abused the fact that they were the server effectively and abused lag switching for an advantage just as people use vpn now

    if you are still getting hit then its within of the server hit validations accepted ping rate, no one knows from what ping level attacks won't connect except for the devs

  • @bjorksnas said:

    2 years ago the servers were based off killer ping instead of dedicated servers, connections were better because on average you have a killer ping of 0 and a survivor ping of anywhere from 0-1000 so the only thing to worry about was your own connection,

    However people abused the fact that they were the server effectively and abused lag switching for an advantage just as people use vpn now

    if you are still getting hit then its within of the server hit validations accepted ping rate, no one knows from what ping level attacks won't connect except for the devs

    I understand that thays why we should go back to p2p because it didn't fix lag switching its just vpn now. Killers still vpn and it works perfectly. Dedicated servers are ######### validation is #########.

    The devs dont really care about fixing hits if they did it would of worked. But they are focusing on killers alot currently so it was my fault for expecting it to work.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575872#Comment_1575872

    I understand that thays why we should go back to p2p because it didn't fix lag switching its just vpn now. Killers still vpn and it works perfectly. Dedicated servers are ######### validation is #########.

    The devs dont really care about fixing hits if they did it would of worked. But they are focusing on killers alot currently so it was my fault for expecting it to work.

    Its only meant to do so much, it still needs tweaks, also some regions players just have 300 ping anyway because their region has a bad location for their servers so not letting them play the game just because you don't like playing 0.12 seconds ahead of your opponent is just dumb

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575884#Comment_1575884

    Its only meant to do so much, it still needs tweaks, also some regions players just have 300 ping anyway because their region has a bad location for their servers so not letting them play the game just because you don't like playing 0.12 seconds ahead of your opponent is just dumb

    300 ping is way too high. I could care less it's a turn off not knowing exactly where the killer is because of their higher ping. But because you cant seem to understand just how bad it is here you go:

    azame san playing Dead by Daylight: Special Edition at XboxClips.co

    Because apparently that hit was supposed to connect being that I was no where near the window when he swung. I have no sympathy for high ping killers if these are playing conditions.