An urgent request to Survivors.

Look, I know you want to help your teammates, but for crying out loud, give me SOME time to get AWAY from the hook especially if I just came up from the basement. I am TRYING to give you a fair chance, but if you run straight into me I am just going to let you pass if you were just hooked.

People!

Comments

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    Look, I know you want to help your teammates, but for crying out loud, give me SOME time to get AWAY from the hook especially if I just came up from the basement. I am TRYING to give you a fair chance, but if you run straight into me I am just going to let you pass if you were just hooked.

    People!

    Tell me about it. Since crossplay, I am consistently . . .yes, consistently . . . getting survivors in the purple ranks (them, not me, I'm green ranks right now) unhooking their teammates before I am even far enough away from the hook for Make Your Choice to proc, to the point that I've just stopped running it.

    Which of course, soon leads to two downed survivors.

    The other day I was running Bubba at rank 13. A team of four purples again. I hook one, and immediately see scratch marks around the hook. Long story short, all three swarmed the hook against Bubba and the game was over in no time with a 4k. I never, once, even had an opportunity to walk away. It was hook, turn around, swarm like locusts.

    Like, what the hell people?

  • Preach it! It's so annoying when I hook someone, turn around to walk away and a second later I hear the hook sound right behind me, then they proceed to ######### I downed them. I mean, what the hell did you think I was going to do? Walk you over to a Gen and wish you luck?

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    Preach it! It's so annoying when I hook someone, turn around to walk away and a second later I hear the hook sound right behind me, then they proceed to ######### I downed them. I mean, what the hell did you think I was going to do? Walk you over to a Gen and wish you luck?

    It gets especially absurd when the basement's in the shack. Like, I main Deathslinger, so it was about 5 min of ALL survivors looping round the shack, getting shot at corners, running up and down the stairs... ended with a 3k because the Claudette ultimately found the hatch.

  • Tell me about it. I was playing Trapper the other day and a guy got caught on a trap. I downed and hooked, then I reset the trap right in his face. His team mate came out of nowhere and went for the unhook. I chased him off and he ran right into the trap. You'd have to assume they watched me reset the trap.

  • @vmannoeee said:

    Seriously, if you let the survivors farm then they send happy messages afterwards which makes me question whether some people want to play horror games. *Pending messages about how this isn't a horror game or a competitive game or... a game.

    it wasn't even farming. it was... i dunno what it was...

    i think the match is best summarized in this:

    https://youtu.be/BCIYmpR7a_k


  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    Preach it! It's so annoying when I hook someone, turn around to walk away and a second later I hear the hook sound right behind me, then they proceed to ######### I downed them. I mean, what the hell did you think I was going to do? Walk you over to a Gen and wish you luck?

    My advice, send them a link to either a rick roll or "stop it, get some help" then leave, it makes me snicker every time I do it

  • Right? They sometimes act like we won't interrupt unhookss when they followed us to the hook because we're scared of being called campers or something

  • @Exerath1992 said:

    Right? They sometimes act like we won't interrupt unhookss when they followed us to the hook because we're scared of being called campers or something

    Jokes on them. I'm on PC and my post-game chat is always closed and my Steam profile is private. So, if on PC they can't say anything I will see, and if on crossplay: sorry 'bout your bad luck. ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • I'm actually going to play Basement/Basement Chest Bubba tonight just for memes.

    That basement is my No-No Square. Let's see how many survivors feed me. ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • I feel your pain, and I'm on the survivor side. I frequently run Kindred and to be honest its depressing to see 2 or 3 people circling a hook like vultures to swoop in the second your back is turned.

    At that point, i simply sigh at my 'we'll make it' perk and carry on doing the gen, because i may as well get some points before the inevitable one hook, two slugged debacle...

  • @SoylentPixie said:

    I feel your pain, and I'm on the survivor side. I frequently run Kindred and to be honest its depressing to see 2 or 3 people circling a hook like vultures to swoop in the second your back is turned.

    At that point, i simply sigh at my 'we'll make it' perk and carry on doing the gen, because i may as well get some points before the inevitable one hook, two slugged debacle...

    And is it me, or has that gotten a heck of a lot more common lately?

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1573766#Comment_1573766

    And is it me, or has that gotten a heck of a lot more common lately?

    Back in my ps4 days it happened in waves, but it happened a lot.

    I only got it on pc a couple weeks ago so i'd have to get out of low ranks (i only play here and there atm) before i could answer that properly. Low ranks is where i expect it to happen but i've seen the same awful scenario happen in red ranks too and its mind boggling.

  • @SoylentPixie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574060#Comment_1574060

    Back in my ps4 days it happened in waves, but it happened a lot.

    I only got it on pc a couple weeks ago so i'd have to get out of low ranks (i only play here and there atm) before i could answer that properly. Low ranks is where i expect it to happen but i've seen the same awful scenario happen in red ranks too and its mind boggling.

    I've been encountering it a lot. They've even hook-swarmed against my Bubba as soon as I've hooked someone.

    These are all crossplay, so could be consoles or could be Window Store combination, but all green and purple ranked survivors.

    It's to the point that I have to throw obvious downs and hooks and sacrifices because I have no desire to hit red ranks, and yet this crap keeps pipping me.

    It's one reason I'm just going to run Basement Bubba for a night or two and protect his No-No Square and call it a match.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574073#Comment_1574073

    I've been encountering it a lot. They've even hook-swarmed against my Bubba as soon as I've hooked someone.

    These are all crossplay, so could be consoles or could be Window Store combination, but all green and purple ranked survivors.

    I might hazard a guess that its all just points farming, but even that would be a silly reason. I get way more points for a safe unhook than i would on a kamakazi hook run.

    Some might be trying to emulate some streamer or other...though you would imagine after the 50th time it hasn't worked, they would learn.

    Whatever it is, no wonder half the killers I encounter don't bother leaving the hook these days, why bother when the meat will throw itself at the mincing machine?

  • And if you're facing Plague, don't cleanse at the top of the basement stairs before running in for a rescue, it won't end well for anyone in the basement.

  • @SoylentPixie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574084#Comment_1574084

    I might hazard a guess that its all just points farming, but even that would be a silly reason. I get way more points for a safe unhook than i would on a kamakazi hook run.

    Some might be trying to emulate some streamer or other...though you would imagine after the 50th time it hasn't worked, they would learn.

    Whatever it is, no wonder half the killers I encounter don't bother leaving the hook these days, why bother when the meat will throw itself at the mincing machine?

    Sadly, that is true. I try to leave the hook because some of my builds run Make Your Choice and I want it to proc. Especially with the hit 5 exposed survivors challenge that I'm stuck on. But haven't been able to get far enough away for it to proc, so I just removed it from my build.

    And I hate to camp, but damned if I don't know with 100% certainty that some idiot is very nearby.

    As it stands, thanks to MYC being rendered useless by this crap, and me hating Ghostface's mechanic, I'm going to either have to run NOED, Myers and use Tier 3, or Haunted Grounds (and I have an allergy to using Hex perks) to get the stupid challenge done.

  • @SoylentPixie said:

    I feel your pain, and I'm on the survivor side. I frequently run Kindred and to be honest its depressing to see 2 or 3 people circling a hook like vultures to swoop in the second your back is turned.

    At that point, i simply sigh at my 'we'll make it' perk and carry on doing the gen, because i may as well get some points before the inevitable one hook, two slugged debacle...

    Do you guys have any tome challenges that require unsafe hooks right now?

  • @Exerath1992 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1573766#Comment_1573766

    Do you guys have any tome challenges that require unsafe hooks right now?

    I haven't looked all the way through the tome so no idea, though I highly doubt it.

  • Lol I was playing Demo and I hooked a survivor and all of their teammates swarmed a hook. they then dropped a pallet and all four started teabagging behind it and vaulting back and forth to tease me.

    Haunted Grounds had just popped.

    It was the easiest 4k of my life.

  • @SoylentPixie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574122#Comment_1574122

    I haven't looked all the way through the tome so no idea, though I highly doubt it.

    I remember seeing unsafe hooks as one a few tomes ago i think. So maybe that's it?

  • Or, and hear me out on this, we could all bum rush the unhook and, if we don't have DS/UB active, blame you for tunneling and camping!

    Honestly, it's so much easier than analysing our own gameplay to see where we went wrong. You're a dirty prick, we're the heroes that can't do wrong. End of story

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    Look, I know you want to help your teammates, but for crying out loud, give me SOME time to get AWAY from the hook especially if I just came up from the basement. I am TRYING to give you a fair chance, but if you run straight into me I am just going to let you pass if you were just hooked.

    People!

    If someone does this then complains you were camping ignore them that's dumb lol.