Does that hit validation affect grabs?

Title.

I really hope it does because I'm sick of survivors escaping my successful grab mid-animation because game decides they have "reacted".

Comments

  • I did several grabs yesterday. Also failed couple. Pretty same as before.

  • No, it didn't.

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Dead Hard works a bit like grabs.

    In terms of how it works as confirmed by Peanits, both are buggy because they're checked twice, a remnant of old P2P gameplay. Basically:

    • You input your DH/Grab
    • The server checks to see if it's possible.
    • If it isn't possible, the server returns that as a grab cancel/dying survivor. This happens almost insantly.
    • If it is possible, the server then sends a message to the other player's client (for Dead Hard, to the killer, for grabs, to the survivor).
    • Then, the other player's client sends another check to ensure the grab/dead hard is still possible. This takes some time.
    • If it is still possible, Dead Hard dodges and you grab the survivor.
    • If it isn't possible you get the awful grab cancel/exhausted on the ground.

    Server-sided hit validation wouldn't have fixed this because it wasn't designed to fix this. Dead Hard/Grabs need to be re-coded, which has been confirmed by the devs as something they're looking into.

    There's why (from a different thread, I'm on my phone rn and I can't be asked to type it all out again, sorry).