Server side hit validation

Hi all!

Here I want to hear about your experience with the new hit validation!

As in if youbare receiving more fair hits and misses from both survivor and killer perspectives.


For example ive played only 1 game of survivor anf killer repsectively and both as the huntress and against the huntress from the survivor side I've seen a few hatchets seemingly pass through me while the killer side I've seen the visual effects of hatchets connecting but no actual hit normally during the quick spins to hit a survivor next to me!

Comments

  • Played three games, only encountered one janky thing. Survivor tried to head on me, but I baited it, got the down, and then got stunned by the head on. Everything else seemed about the same.

  • @PrettyFaceKate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1571167#Comment_1571167

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1570908#Comment_1570908

    Re-read the announcement. That's not what they said. If you have bad ping you were already screwed as survivor. That hasn't changed. They literally wrote that if you have poor connection you are at a disadvantage regardless of side.

    And, technically, hit detection hasn't changed either, because it still happens on killer side. The addition is that now the server now has to validate hits if the killer has bad connection and the hit can be declined if it landed only because of high latency.

    It's not a survivor or killer sided change. It's a fairness sided change (if it works, that is).

    thing is i've had GREAT connections and the survivors elude hits all the time because they are bouncing all around. this is why I looked at what was posted and saw nothing of the survivor side being fixed and just saw it getting better for survivors and much much worse for killers.

  • @Kind_Lemon said:

    I've blocked survivors in a corner twice with huntress and watched as the hatchets broke on their bodies without any injuries.

    ok that not good.

  • ######### is super bad, sorry to say it like that, Devs.

    But this is UNACCEPTABLE.

    I clearly vaulted, feet hit ground, snapped back in vault animation and was grabbed.


    GO BACK TO OLD SIDE, THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.

  • Pure awful.

    This is is no way better.

  • There is too much going on at this point with networks, especially today. Not everyone lives in a big city or is on fiber. What would be the LOGICAL choice.... would be to re-engineer the game to be MORE forgiving such as adding ONE more HIT to each health state. But what do I know?! Everyone just happens to play this on a $4,000 gaming PC with bonded INTERNET and fiber drops over a wired connection FEEDING from a 100 SFP drop?! right?!

    😁

  • @Dwinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1570732#Comment_1570732

    We've been getting the short end of the stick since the window hits changed.

    Somehow I doubt that, my experience and the experience of survivor content creators I watch directly contradicts what you said. We still get hit 5 years after we dropped a pallet, we still get hit after vaulting a window AND taking 3 steps away from the window, we still get hit even tho the killer appears to be 50 meters behind.

  • @Artick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1570870#Comment_1570870

    Somehow I doubt that, my experience and the experience of survivor content creators I watch directly contradicts what you said. We still get hit 5 years after we dropped a pallet, we still get hit after vaulting a window AND taking 3 steps away from the window, we still get hit even tho the killer appears to be 50 meters behind.

    Are you kidding me? I've seen a ton of content creators griping about the window hit that should have hit.

1 2 ›