Do you think survivors should have more than 1 second chance perk

For this poll the second chance perks included are

Decisive Strike

Unbreakable

Deadhard

Adrenaline

Comments

  • "Second-chance"

    If Survivors "shouldn't have" any perks that help them when they're downed/going down, killers shouldn't have any perks to help them down survivors. (Which would obviously be ridiculous.)

  • @Science_Guy said:

    "Second-chance"

    If Survivors "shouldn't have" any perks that help them when they're downed/going down, killers shouldn't have any perks to help them down survivors. (Which would obviously be ridiculous.)

    Thats shockingly unhelpful and unrelated, survivor second chance perks like the ones above have high potential to erase survivor mistakes, the main thing that killers punish to win the game,

    heres an example of what I mean by calling them a second chance perk, Chase a survivor, mindgame them into making a mistake, injure them, catch back up, mindgame them into making a mistake, go in for the down, survivor uses deadhard and gets to keep going even though they made a mistake, thats a free second chance for the survivor even though they made a mistake

    also the poll is about should they have the potential to have or equip 4 of the meta perks focused around second chances not about killer chase perks, (none of which are good so remove both I guess)

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1567361#Comment_1567361

    Thats shockingly unhelpful and unrelated, survivor second chance perks like the ones above have high potential to erase survivor mistakes, the main thing that killers punish to win the game,

    heres an example of what I mean by calling them a second chance perk, Chase a survivor, mindgame them into making a mistake, injure them, catch back up, mindgame them into making a mistake, go in for the down, survivor uses deadhard and gets to keep going even though they made a mistake, thats a free second chance for the survivor even though they made a mistake

    also the poll is about should they have the potential to have or equip 4 of the meta perks focused around second chances not about killer chase perks, (none of which are good so remove both I guess)

    Probably if that survivor didn't have Dead Hard they would have played differently.

    I'm of the idea that people like to throw the term "second chance" around. The perks mentioned are fine imo, they should only be changed to not be abusable.

  • @White_Owl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1567875#Comment_1567875

    Probably if that survivor didn't have Dead Hard they would have played differently.

    I'm of the idea that people like to throw the term "second chance" around. The perks mentioned are fine imo, they should only be changed to not be abusable.

    but thats the idea, while they are in the abusable state people shouldnt be allowed to run them together

  • They have more than just those 4, and they aren't even considered 2nd-chance perks. It's just the community who whines when it's (mostly) used viably against them that make it seem like they're second chance when it's not.

  • @Desh said:

    They have more than just those 4, and they aren't even considered 2nd-chance perks. It's just the community who whines when it's (mostly) used viably against them that make it seem like they're second chance when it's not.

    getting up off the ground for free when the team would otherwise lose from being slugged, second chance

    getting off the killers shoulder because they downed you and picked you up too soon after one of the two programmed second chances, second chance

    getting to keep looping even after making a mistake that would have made you go down because of dead hard, second chance

    entire team getting a health state which can also pick up from the dying state late into the game just by doing gens, second chance

  • @bjorksnas said:

    For this poll the second chance perks included are

    Decisive Strike

    Unbreakable

    Deadhard

    Adrenaline

    BT is also a second chance perk.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1567361#Comment_1567361

    Thats shockingly unhelpful and unrelated, survivor second chance perks like the ones above have high potential to erase survivor mistakes, the main thing that killers punish to win the game,

    heres an example of what I mean by calling them a second chance perk, Chase a survivor, mindgame them into making a mistake, injure them, catch back up, mindgame them into making a mistake, go in for the down, survivor uses deadhard and gets to keep going even though they made a mistake, thats a free second chance for the survivor even though they made a mistake

    also the poll is about should they have the potential to have or equip 4 of the meta perks focused around second chances not about killer chase perks, (none of which are good so remove both I guess)

    so true about (second chance perks like the ones above have high potential to erase survivor mistakes)how many does killers have like 2 or 3 I want to say just one being noed don't really think of pop or BW as second chance perks

  • Can't find an answer that suits what I think.

    They should have second chnace perks, however they should be better designed to not perfectly cover the limitations or counterplays for each other the way Unbreakable and Decisive Strike work. The only counterplay to someone with Decisive Strike who gets in your face and wants you to hit them so they can DS you is to slug, and if you slug they pick themselves up with Unbreakable, bonus points if they also run Soul Guard to counter the counterplay of hitting them once they've got up with Unbreakable.

  • borrowed time should be base kit but the rest shouldnt be

  • As a killer main, I don’t mind “second chance” perks. The only one I have a real problem with is DS, and I understand that it is a perk that needs to exist, because real tunnelers do exist, but I think the devs need to rework it to be an anti tunneling perk because in its current state it is too abusable.

  • Stackable second chance perks suck & are currently being hardcore abused at higher ranks.

  • I meant to vote for "Survivors Can Have As Many Second Chance Perks As They Want", turns out I'm stupid. I'm not a fan of telling people how to play.

  • @White_Owl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1567875#Comment_1567875

    Probably if that survivor didn't have Dead Hard they would have played differently.

    I'm of the idea that people like to throw the term "second chance" around. The perks mentioned are fine imo, they should only be changed to not be abusable.

    Because it's a term that's thrown around to be disparaging, not because it means anything by itself. Perks are enhancement, it's that simple. One can decide anything is a second chance perk. It means whatever the speaker wants it to mean. So much, that the OP had to define it. Why self-care isn't labeled as a second chance perk in this kind of arguments? Or for the people? Or any means necessary? Left behind? Slippery meat? Simply, because they're not strong enough.

    The same argument could be made with killer perks as well. Pop, spirit fury, noed, to name a few.

    It's just a silly conversation, imho. Perks are meant to give a help. Labels can be concocted to fit whatever narrative one wants to push.

  • 1 is enough.

    I don't use them, but will usually equip self-care.

    It's handy to have a mixture of perks which aid you in different ways. As well as self-care, I usually use Spine Chill to warn of the killer, empathy to keep track of others in peril and maybe Quick and Quiet to assist with escapes.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    1 is enough.

    I don't use them, but will usually equip self-care.

    It's handy to have a mixture of perks which aid you in different ways. As well as self-care, I usually use Spine Chill to warn of the killer, empathy to keep track of others in peril and maybe Quick and Quiet to assist with escapes.

    What does self care have to do with this thread?

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1567875#Comment_1567875

    so true about (second chance perks like the ones above have high potential to erase survivor mistakes)how many does killers have like 2 or 3 I want to say just one being noed don't really think of pop or BW as second chance perks

    killers have like 1 second chance perk which can be noed but every other perk is just strategy nothing is gained for free as killer

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1568723#Comment_1568723

    killers have like 1 second chance perk which can be noed but every other perk is just strategy nothing is gained for free as killer

    what I was thinking only 1 perk also survivors can make a lot of mistakes still win but killer makes 1 mistake and they done.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1570008#Comment_1570008

    what I was thinking only 1 perk also survivors can make a lot of mistakes still win but killer makes 1 mistake and they done.

    wack but I guess its still true that killer has to earn every inch and survivors just get victory handed to them most of the time

  • @ZtarShot said:

    Obviously.

    good thing they already get up to 2 second chances perk match