Differentiate between dc and console internet connection loss
I ban 5 min for a connection problem
I ban 5 min for a connection problem
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Having a bad internet is a really bad thing, you lag, you make others see you lag and mess up game features, it might be an unpopular opinion, but I think it should get a ban too, it's not fun to play against a teleporting killer that downs you out of nowhere, and it's also not fun playing against a survivor who can't be hit cause he teleports due to lag or even a teammate who messes up skillchecks cause of lag. I don't know why people play ONLINE multiplayer games with high ping due to a bad internet... I know not everyone has the money to afford it, but come on, sometimes one laggy player messes with the whole game... and if he was a survivor, thank you for lagging out of the game and leaving us in a 3v1 game, you deserve at least a minimal ban of 30 minutes
I got banned from matchmaking because EAC booted me out for no reason.
There's a lot of reasons why someone would DC and even though it's most often intended it doesn't really punish the above mentioned ones. People who DC do so by clicking alt+F4 and are usually done for the day or the session. The next session they can just log back in and play as if nothing happened.
It's the people who don't intend to DC that suffers from it the most.
So is BHVR going to be willing to give out refunds to everyone who can't play the game.
Even though they bought it and probably got disconnected because the game is not optimized on console. The internet can only do so much when the game is literally tearing at the seems.
That "bad internet" is a really poor argument. Most of the time ppl have really good connection but the game decides to boot them out, or EAC does the favor. I've got BS DC's so many times that I've started recording my games with a open prompt pinging google, just to prove that my internet was neither lagging or losing connection.