What would you want for a good horror killer
Title
A bit more info is what interesting killers would you like for a Last Year meets F13 meets DBD meets GTFO kind of game?
Title
A bit more info is what interesting killers would you like for a Last Year meets F13 meets DBD meets GTFO kind of game?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I think that all the killers in the game are scary to some extent and have a frightening look (with the exception of Oni, Legion, Deathslinger and Demogorgon, for me, these two doesn't look scary at all). I think that the designers of DbD have done a pretty good job on making good designed killers, the Plague and the Doctor being the best of them.
That being said, I would like them to explore some other horror themes and adapt them to the DbD style. Particurally, I wish they would do a "fairy killer" next, something like an imp or a spirit of the forest but twisted in a the gruesome DbD way. Also, an "angel killer" concept would be nice too, like something that moves on the desire to punish others and looks holy and perfect but in a unnatural way that seems unsettling, just like a creepy angel statue.
I want a killer scarecrow with a weapon sickle blade knife reaper scythe that cut the corn and survivors.
That would be cool
So...the Wraith?
I don't think the Wraith looks or acts liek a scarecrow
it be more like this.
I want a body horror killer that causes survivors to mutate or something. We have the plague who already 'infects' people, though, so that mechanic is out :(
Nothing that DbD can handle, that's for sure. It's a slasher game, that's one very small (and pretty cheap) subgenre of horror. Give the killer a unique weapon and a gimmick and you've got yourself a horror icon.
I'm just hoping we see more killers that aren't alien. And I don't mean ones like Demo - The Alchemist and Huntress are just as alien. Their thought patterns are as unfamiliar as they come. There comes a point when something that should be that kind of scary becomes a joke, because it's just the same in game as Stabby Murderpants, legion member number 5.
This just say what you want, I don't really care about a slasher genre.
When I think about this, I instantly think of the possibility of a licensed chapter for Fiddlesticks from League of Legends...
never played the game but I looked it up yea it pretty much like my idea,only character I knew of and love from that game almost made want play the game was Jinx but it really my type of game.
Reminds me of some other posts I saw where people wanted Billy and Leatherface's chainsaws to be able to mow down corn.
one of the reason I came up with the idea but I also find scarecrow cool and scary.