Some weird survivor behaviour when playing Deathslinger

Here's something odd I keep observing survivors do when I play as Deathslinger:

They (i see this most commonly with purple and red ranks) will run to a pallet, stand next to it (and heal if injured), not reacting when I aim at them (most of the time).

And then complain when I shoot them point blank and they end up injured/on the hook.

Why, people? I know what they are TRYING, but against Caleb? He has a SPEAR GUN.

And I've never seen people do this with Plague (with corrupt purge) or Huntress so far.

Why is this apparently quite common to do against Caleb? The one killer it certainly won't work against most times.

I'm baffled.

Comments

  • Never seen that ever. Sounds like you play against beginners?

  • @xEa said:

    Never seen that ever. Sounds like you play against beginners?

    i see it more commonly on purple (or almost purple) and red ranks than on brown and yellow

  • I dont know why they bother healing unless they have self care but staying on other side of a dropped pallet while injured is a very good tactic against deathslinger. Just pre drop pallet.

  • @Zeus said:

    I dont know why they bother healing unless they have self care but staying on other side of a dropped pallet while injured is a very good tactic against deathslinger. Just pre drop pallet.

    that's the thing. they DO NOT drop the pallet. that i'd understand.

    No. they stand/heal there, waiting for me to come close enough to stun me.

    If these were low ranks that just started playing, i'd understand that they might not have faced Deathslinger yet... but these are high ranks with several hundreds of hours under their belt.

  • It sounds like they are failing miserably at camping the pallet, which is pretty much the most misunderstood Deathslinger counterplay out there. News flash: drop the pallet early and rush gens, don't just stand there.

    That being said, I think a lot of survivors get coddled by latency into thinking they can always drop the pallet even a split second after they get speared. I've done that so many times, it's honestly stupid that it's even a thing that works.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    It sounds like they are failing miserably at camping the pallet, which is pretty much the most misunderstood Deathslinger counterplay out there. News flash: drop the pallet early and rush gens, don't just stand there.

    That being said, I think a lot of survivors get coddled by latency into thinking they can always drop the pallet even a split second after they get speared. I've done that so many times, it's honestly stupid that it's even a thing that works.

    I'm no good at... quickscoping (?) (aiming and immediately firing) so I need my 2-4 seconds to aim... and they just keep standing/healing there... so, can it really be a latency thing?

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561583#Comment_1561583

    I'm no good at... quickscoping (?) (aiming and immediately firing) so I need my 2-4 seconds to aim... and they just keep standing/healing there... so, can it really be a latency thing?

    Yep. They are probably waiting to hear the bang.

  • I should mention I am literally standing at the pallet when this happens, just out of ranged for it to hit me.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    Here's something odd I keep observing survivors do when I play as Deathslinger:

    They (i see this most commonly with purple and red ranks) will run to a pallet, stand next to it (and heal if injured), not reacting when I aim at them (most of the time).

    And then complain when I shoot them point blank and they end up injured/on the hook.

    Why, people? I know what they are TRYING, but against Caleb? He has a SPEAR GUN.

    And I've never seen people do this with Plague (with corrupt purge) or Huntress so far.

    Why is this apparently quite common to do against Caleb? The one killer it certainly won't work against most times.

    I'm baffled.

    As a survivor main, i feel like its just not fun to play against a deathslinger, and heres why:


    I feel like a really big part of this game is being chased by the killer, looping him, getting things done like a 360, 180, or windowtech for example.

    You just cant do that with a deathslinger, he is just gonna shoot you and kill you.

    Hes hard to counter, not fun to play against, and his terror radius is just too small so if youre not playing with spine chill he can snipe you off a gen with ease.

    I dont have any ideas how they can make him fun to play against and fun to play, but how he is now just doesnt feel right to me.