Mmr is on again?

For 2 hours I've been playing with rank 17-18s and rank 10 killers, I'm rank 2 atm.

I don't lose as often as a survivor.

But it's damn heartbreaking seeing Megs hiding on corners when I get down.

Comments

  • I'm getting the same thing. Its been like this for me ever since cross play was turned on. 95% of my matches have been like this and it's very frustrating. Nothing gets done, they get downed within 10 seconds of a chase, unsafe unhooks, and even with Kindred sometimes I still won't get saved.

    It's no wonder I can't rank up past rank 4...it's either a safety pip or depip.

  • I think it's back on. I'm a rank 1 killer and spent most of the day against green and grey rank survivors that clearly haven't been playing as long as I have. I truely felt bad for them, as I knew it wasn't fun for them.

  • I'd wondered if it was, or if devs were doing something in the background. I went from similar rank survivor/killer lobbies, to a mix of green/purple with the occasional red rank thrown in (I'm yellow rank).

  • if it is still not working right.

  • I don't think so? Doesn't seem like it to me at least.

  • i have no indication that mmr is on again.

    But the thing is, the things you are discribing are the reason the mmr was needed in the first place.

    My guess is that some people didn´t experience it as much due to location/demographic reasons where they played. But that has changed with crossplay, so a lot of players which didnt have problems with the bad matchmaking before have it now. Just like for some people, mmr worked like a charm.

  • I might be lost, but I didn't even knew that MMR got turned off lol.

  • I just figured swf was bringing in worse ranks for one of the survivors. May be back on.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    For 2 hours I've been playing with rank 17-18s and rank 10 killers, I'm rank 2 atm.

    I don't lose as often as a survivor.

    But it's damn heartbreaking seeing Megs hiding on corners when I get down.

    Doubt it is. Thats just how the matchmaking was before as well. Sometimes it just cant find a player close enough in rank for those players so it throws them against who ever is searching at the same time.

  • Still seeing red rank SWFs as rank 3 killer. I see no difference, except queue times are worse right now for some reason. ~5 minutes is still better than ~15+.

  • The current rank based matchmaking didnt work for a very long time now, and I have always seen every rank in my matches..

  • Playing against Rank 1 all day long, no matter how good or bad they are. So i dont think it is on again.

  • Rank matchmaking hasn't worked since around the time Stranger Things released in September 2019, and created very rainbow colored or very lopsided matches. They never made an attempt to fix it, I can only assume, because they knew MMR was on its way and expected it to stay once launched.

    But MMR bombed and didn't work, they pulled it, and switched back to the ranked matchmaker. So, all we have now is the original, broken matchmaker slapped back into place. And all we can hope is that MMR Round Two actually works when relaunched, or round and round we go in yet another Dev loop.