Know the best part of the new Lightborn?
99% of the people I go against will stand in place and continue shining it on you, clearly confused, as you walk up and smack them.
I still don't think it's a particularly incredible perk for obvious reasons, but it's really satisfying when you can basically see the cogs turning before you land the hit.
Comments
It brings a little joy.
This happened in my last match 3 times. I got messaged and called a hacker lmao
I honestly feel like the best part of lightborn is that people waste a slot for it.
Infectious Fright will help you avoid flashlight saves ( on top of pallet saves) and gives you the heads up on when to slug and when not to.
Just hard pick that Infectious Fright. It will give you more all-round value throughout the match than lightborn.
Everyone over here assuming we all buy all the DLC. I'm running base killers + Pyramid Head. Also clown and Halloween for some reason, though I don't remember buying those. Will pick up some more when there's a big sale, probably. Not gonna bother wasting anything on the shrine, either.
Your not wasting anything on the shrine as the game literally gives you shards for just playing, and infectious has been in the shrine multiple times over the past year.
The reason the shrine is there is for players like you who dont want to spend money to buy the dlcs.
The fact that you dont buy anything from the shrine and instead spend your shards on cosmetics? ๐
Idk just saying your preventing yourself from becoming a better killer by not using the shrine to its advantages in my opinion.
But hey if you like getting one free hit on any experienced survivor for a whole perk slot then your choice.
Any experienced player who uses a flashlight on the regular mainly the survivors you have to worry about will be able to identify you have this perk on first pallet break and then its just a wasted perk slot.
Whole lotta assumptions here. Let's go over 'em!
I've only used it once on Plague, against two flashlights. It really was a great feeling when they kept trying to blind me. They mocked me at the end for using it, but those two died.
Had a full flashlight swf ttv squad (all friends in steam and one streaming that I saw in the lobby before the game loaded) running the meta in bright neon clothes the other day so I threw Lightborn on Trapper and even though I still lost it was a pretty close game and was so satisfying to deny them the opportunity of bullying that way. Plus getting a couple free hits in before they realized what was going on was fun.
The best part is faking like you're trying to avoid it so they spend all game wasting their time trying to blind you on every pickup and you essentially get a stalling perk for free.
Yup, trying to make it look like you just barely avoided it and always making sure you pick up facing walls means you get a lot of use out of it before they figure it out.