How long should games be?
Well I just had a game that lasted 12 minutes, was enjoyable and quite close and ended in a 3k with the last guy escaping through the gates, then one of the other survivors was complaining that everyone but them was trash, the other survivors and the killer, because 'No game should ever last more than 7 minutes, it just shows that you're a pathetic and wasting my time'. They had the lowest score out of everyone too oddly enough.
So the reason that I'm making this discussion is to get a sense of the general consensus on whether a longer game is/can be more fun than a shorter game or if I'm in the minority on that.
Comments
As killer you need to slow gen progress for the first 9 minutes so if playing killer and applying enough pressure, 15-20 minutes is a good time. For survivors, I know there are those who want to get out as fast as possible but of course they lose blood points and emblem points. If you want to rank up or build up the blood points, you need more time in matches, doing gens and totems, getting into chases, unhooking and healing, etc.
I personally like a game that lasts a decent while; everyone gets points, it's a bit of a challenge. Games that are over in minutes are boring.
Oh yeah, most survivors will prefer short games, I'm a killer main, if I can have some breathing in the match then that is great.
Any longer than 15 is clearly a stalemate. 10-15 is just fine, any less was rushed/walkover
13 seconds