Intentional disconnects have become severely more rampant since crossplay

For the love of god, can we just get the bots that DbD mobile has to solve this problem. It's the most obvious freaking solution in the world and yet for reasons I cannot possibly comprehend, our dev teams is confused as to whether it should be done. How can it possibly not be an improvement to the game?

Comments

  • Personally, I'd just like it if the hatch NEVER spawns/opens if there is a disconnect at any point. Could reduce the DCs by at least half imo.

  • @TMCalypso said:

    Personally, I'd just like it if the hatch NEVER spawns/opens if there is a disconnect at any point. Could reduce the DCs by at least half imo.

    That definitely doesn't make up half the disconnects. Most of them are rage quits because people aren't mature enough to handle challenge. I've had 6 games today so far and survivors disconnected in 4 of them quite near the beginning. 3 of them were obviously rage quits because I was playing killer during those 3 and they all disconnected as soon as I either hit them or interrupted what they were doing.

  • @TMCalypso said:

    Personally, I'd just like it if the hatch NEVER spawns/opens if there is a disconnect at any point. Could reduce the DCs by at least half imo.

    Do you really think people who DC give a ######### about the other survivors in the match?

  • @TMCalypso said:

    Personally, I'd just like it if the hatch NEVER spawns/opens if there is a disconnect at any point. Could reduce the DCs by at least half imo.

    This only really makes sense for endgame DCs involving SWF, otherwise you're just punishing random players for being matched with some ragequitting clown.

    Just try to get rid of the instant hatch opening DCs can lead to, simulate the player going on the hook in some way. There's all the ideas of husks and bots, but even something simple-sounding like teleporting them to a basement hook or just delaying the hatch opening by 15-20 seconds or something would make it more equivalent to the usual hook suicide situation.