Devs, the graphics updates are really great and all but the meta is getting stale

I am sure I’m not the only one who’s tired of seeing the same perks in the endgame screen. This is especially true for survivors like every time I go against a competent team it’s the same over and over...DS, Unbreakable, Iron Will, a few Adrenalines and whatever useless crap is needed for the tome. There are so many to choose from and players are literally forced to run the same stuff over and over in order to have a chance at winning. This is not even a complaint I run meta perks myself cause I feel like I don’t have much choice unless I want to be handicapped the entire game and it’d be so easy to buff a few numbers here and there to make other perks have an impact in the game. Why not give players different options and tweak things, just a little bit™, to fit multiple different playstyles while still being viable?? Just a couple of small changes would make things immediately 10x more fun for everyone.

Comments

  • I thought @ScottJund had a great idea where once a week they buff the ######### out of 1 or 2 perks and nerf 2 others. Then tge next week they revert the changes and pick new ones. And its as simple as number changes not reworking the perks. Even if something turns out stupid and/or broken so what its only a week.

  • The same perks get ran all the time because it's what people feel they have to rely on in order to win. I myself don't like going with the traditional meta perks. I like to change things up, but even I'll admit that if I don't have a good team, then my testing of different builds could ultimately be my undoing. It's one of the reasons why swf is so popular, because you can have one person dedicated to healing, doing generators, finding totems, etc.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    I thought @ScottJund had a great idea where once a week they buff the ######### out of 1 or 2 perks and nerf 2 others. Then tge next week they revert the changes and pick new ones. And its as simple as number changes not reworking the perks. Even if something turns out stupid and/or broken so what its only a week.

    Reverting changes every week doesn't seem like a good idea and only adds to confusion.

    Maybe a point based system would be cool. Stronger perks require more points and you can only have limited points. More points for killer

  • @Zeus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547334#Comment_1547334

    Reverting changes every week doesn't seem like a good idea and only adds to confusion.

    Maybe a point based system would be cool. Stronger perks require more points and you can only have limited points. More points for killer

    Not if they make it super obvious like shrine of secrets, more obvious even. They could even change the color of the perk icons to pink for the ones that were buffed and brown for the ones nerfed

  • This isn't an "either or" scenario. The team updating the graphics almost certainly isn't the same team who would be tweaking character design and perks or who are working on matchmaking, for example. Working on one doesn't impact the other.

  • Pass 2 weeks I used Plungderer, Ace, Pharmacy. I died most of the time (85%), survivors are also dominated at 0 escape.

    Last weekend I used DS, Lithe, Window Opportunity. The chance to escape increased alot, there were also many time able to 2-3 escape. And that was ONLY me changed to use better perks, and not even full meta.

    For me, they must limit the sycn of many 2nd chance perks go together. To decrease the possible outcome of meta. Or adding requirements like Deliverance / for the people to DS and Unbreakable

  • @C3Tooth said:

    Pass 2 weeks I used Plungderer, Ace, Pharmacy. I died most of the time (85%), survivors are also dominated at 0 escape.

    Last weekend I used DS, Lithe, Window Opportunity. The chance to escape increased alot, there were also many time able to 2-3 escape. And that was ONLY me changed to use better perks, and not even full meta.

    For me, they must limit the sycn of many 2nd chance perks go together. To decrease the possible outcome of meta. Or adding requirements like Deliverance / for the people to DS and Unbreakable

    Well, being honest I am using DS less and less everytime and it's the only "meta" that I use. I escape often if the team is playing well but almost have no escape if I am the only doing gens, rescuing and so. Meta perks can be annoying but in the end it depends on skill, of course if you depend on the 4 second chance perks it's because you're not that good in-game

  • @dugman said:

    This isn't an "either or" scenario. The team updating the graphics almost certainly isn't the same team who would be tweaking character design and perks or who are working on matchmaking, for example. Working on one doesn't impact the other.

    Yes, and while that’s true it means that the people in charge of balancing either didn’t do a good job so far or just tone deaf.

  • @Flawless_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547423#Comment_1547423

    Yes, and while that’s true it means that the people in charge of balancing either didn’t do a good job so far or just tone deaf.

    So why even bring up the graphics update then if they’re not related? The obvious implication was that you’re saying they should not bother with graphics when there are existing issues you’d like them to fix.

  • Maybe the new killer and survivor will come with meta-changing perks.

    Hahahah.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547473#Comment_1547473

    So why even bring up the graphics update then if they’re not related? The obvious implication was that you’re saying they should not bother with graphics when there are existing issues you’d like them to fix.

    The implication being that as a player who is committed to the long term success of this game I feel like changes to gameplay and balancing are more of a priority and should come sooner. Meanwhile on the front end Behaviour always announces cosmetic changes with great fanfare while keeping mum on game health issues.

  • @Flawless_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1548046#Comment_1548046

    The implication being that as a player who is committed to the long term success of this game I feel like changes to gameplay and balancing are more of a priority and should come sooner. Meanwhile on the front end Behaviour always announces cosmetic changes with great fanfare while keeping mum on game health issues.

    Again, you say they should "come sooner" as if working on new graphics has any impact on working on gameplay and balancing. They're independent items being worked on by different teams.