visual upgrade suggestion

youtube.com/watch?v=iiOYIQL_ZHE


youtube.com/watch?v=JydkqRuj3QI


youtube.com/watch?v=BVvAY2gImjc



I recently watched these real time grass tech demos being rendered with the ue4 , and after watching it I realized just how crappy the grass in dbd looks in some levels , specifically in haddonfield . in other levels it's ok such as coldwind farm where it looks like it blends with the environment a lot better due to the coloring and placement , but in haddonfield or ormond where its just randomly copy pasted anywhere that requires grass and randomly placed looking like the grass was cut out from green paper and looks very undetailed and like low quality grass textures where used compared to other levels and no time was put into designing the terrain well . since BHVR are going to release a graphics update , the grass in some levels really needs improvement .

Comments

  • I agree that the game could use some graphical improvements. But as a hobbyist 3D artist, I can tell you that some of those clips you posted are based solely around the fidelity of the environment, and would not work well in terms of optimized gameplay. It's unlikely you'd be able to achieve solid frame rates. Also, those tech demos are running on solid PC builds, and fidelity like that would not work for console given the hardware restrictions. All of this I am assuming based on my experience and could totally be wrong. Would love to hear the environment team chime in on this.

    But yes, maybe some improvements could be made. Definitely looking forward to the new lighting overhaul they previewed. This is probably the feature I'm looking forward to the most with this game.