I'll NEVER get good as killer :-(
HELP!
What am I doing wrong? I admit I'm a survivor main but have owned this game for over 2 years and have a good few hundred hours in as killer but I only ever get to rank 18 and that's it. My biggest problem is when survivors get right in my face and then I just lose them in my view and swing and miss.
Also I am awful at following scratch marks and so often lose them. If I was new I'd not feel bad but have been playing for a while now just cannot do well. BTW I am rank 4 at survivor so am good at some parts of the game.
HELP!!!!
Comments
Wont you happen to be colorblind by any chance?
Funny you say that, I am but not sure how that would affect me.
I can see scratch marks but I do lose the direction of them.
But the survivors in my face is my biggest bug bare. They are so close I lose sight of them and then just swing and miss and gives them time to get away.
I don't want to have to use Unrelenting. Such a "noob" perk to use lol
You and I both.
Where are the Killer training wheels? :[
1.) You can follow blood trails too not just scratch marks and they're more reliable, especially when the scratches go dark and they're crouching/walking to avoid leaving marks.
2.) If you have an Nvidia card, use the Geforce experience overlay, turn on HDR, it makes the the colors look 10x better and much easier to see.
3.) Headphones, sound is as important as visuals.
4.) I'm bad at them but mind games are important, learn to hide/misdirect your Red Stain.
5.) Watch Not Otzdarva/Oh Tofu/Fungoose on YT. They all have good information and lots of it.
I have ~500 hours and have been playing since the end of June, I'm rank 7 killer currently, was 4 before the reset. The game is quite a bit deeper than it appears at first glance. Don't forget that whatever survivor experience you have will help you against them too and vice versa.
EDIT: Knowing when to lunge attack (hold M1) and quick hit (tap M1) is important. Don't be afraid of pallets. Watch the YTs to learn about tiles and loops. There is no substitute for experience.
If you are colorblind, it would be good to know. I am colorblind and it took me a long time to figure out how to work around it. I can't see the scratch marks much at all. They are nearly black on my screen. I can see a few black streaks here and there, but not much. I also don't see blood pools unless the map is indoor (except for Midwitch - which is not playable for me at all).
Tips:
Don't get down on yourself. It is a game. You just have to relax and learn.
Personally, I main Trapper. He was perfect for my cerebral style of play. I love tricking survivors with unlikely trap placement. I love herding them into my trapped regions. It is also a perfect compliment to my severe colorblindness. I may lose you in an areas, but my trap still got you.
I also like Pig, Hag, Doc and Freddy with a smattering of Deathslinger and Huntress (very hard for me on many maps, but fun).