I don't know why everyone is saying that the Alchemist will be a werewolf character

In the lore for the Alchemist there is no mention of transforming into a werewolf. His lore is focused on his hunger for the flowers and his experiments on the other killers. We already know how the serum affects the killers from their cosmetics, they get covered in boils and usually have some sort of mutation like the doctor getting a third eye or the Wraith being hollowed out. None of the killers transformed into something else though, they all remained the same people. So I don't see why it would change for the Alchemist.

In the tweet that BHVR put out it said that something is "festering" in the fog. Festering means forming pus or sores, so that means that whatever happens to the Alchemist after injecting himself, it most likely involves pus and sores rather than transforming into a beast.

In the trailer it looked like something was coming out of the Alchemist's back, so my guess would be that plant tendrils or something similar is coming out of him, relating to the flowers from the Hallowed Blight event. We don't have a killer based around plants yet so maybe the Alchemist will fill that niche.

All in all, I say that it's more likely that it'll be a plant based killer rather than a werewolf type character. I don't think I missed anything that could point to it being a werewolf but feel free to tell me if I did.

Comments

  • You're maybe right, but I think people are just connecting the dots ( a human transforming into a beast like creature) and just assuming it's a werewolf. Though admittedly, I have to say the silhouette does look like a werewolf and not really "plant like" as you say.

  • @Cancan71 said:

    In the lore for the Alchemist there is no mention of transforming into a werewolf. His lore is focused on his hunger for the flowers and his experiments on the other killers. We already know how the serum affects the killers from their cosmetics, they get covered in boils and usually have some sort of mutation like the doctor getting a third eye or the Wraith being hollowed out. None of the killers transformed into something else though, they all remained the same people. So I don't see why it would change for the Alchemist.

    In the tweet that BHVR put out it said that something is "festering" in the fog. Festering means forming pus or sores, so that means that whatever happens to the Alchemist after injecting himself, it most likely involves pus and sores rather than transforming into a beast.

    In the trailer it looked like something was coming out of the Alchemist's back, so my guess would be that plant tendrils or something similar is coming out of him, relating to the flowers from the Hallowed Blight event. We don't have a killer based around plants yet so maybe the Alchemist will fill that niche.

    All in all, I say that it's more likely that it'll be a plant based killer rather than a werewolf type character. I don't think I missed anything that could point to it being a werewolf but feel free to tell me if I did.

    I think the reason a lot are assuming werewolf, which is a bit of a misnomer, is because the way the teaser is animated it looks a lot like hair coming out of his back and the face area elongates a bit. Being a silhouette it's impossible to tell though, it could be plant matter and the elongation of the face could just be his hood falling lower on the face or it could actually be fur and a muzzle pushing out.

    Werewolf is a bit of a misnomer because it's clearly the syringe sound from the pustula event and the alchemist lore from Tome 1 and nothing really suggests a transformation from a full moon but I think a lot of people would like to see a wolfman/anthropomorphic killer in the game and that's why the hype train is moving that way.

  • @DeadHardMan said:

    You're maybe right, but I think people are just connecting the dots ( a human transforming into a beast like creature) and just assuming it's a werewolf. Though admittedly, I have to say the silhouette does look like a werewolf and not really "plant like" as you say.

    All I see is something growing out of the person back, and since it's a silhouette you can't really tell what it is.

    Sure the teasers can be misleading, like how Plague's teaser was an arm covered in smoke, which is very different from her puking ability. Deathslinger's teaser also featured a chain being dragged, which lead to people thinking it was a prisoner dragging a ball and chain around (although ironically they were sort of right, as the Deathslinger was a prisoner in his lore).

  • @Emelia said:

    Yes, totally stupid. Of course he is not werewolf...

    Behold! The true form of Alchemist! :D

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/WIGNZUBA273R/92578725e595c02d01af6357cceb5a94.jpg

    A bunny?