20 games of crossplay

So I just played my first 20 games of crossplay, and I decide to track some stats while I was doing it.

I am playing on PS4, and I played all 20 games as survivor.

First off, it took me about 6 hours to get through 20 matches. Although the first couple of games were very quick to find a lobby, all the rest took as long as usual, if not longer to find a match.

Out of the 20 games, I faced a crossplay killer 18 of them, and only 2 times against a PS4 killer. That seems like a huge amount considering queue times were not improved for me overall.

Out of the 60 survivors I teamed up with, 42 of them were from other systems and only 18 playing PS4.

I only had 2 people d/c during the 20 games. One killer and one survivor. Which is an improvement on my usual experience.

However, I had 3 times where there was a d/c during loading. Which for me personally is a big jump. Usually it is rare for me to see that happen even once in 20 games.

I also found it a bit more difficult to win games today. I only survived 5 times out of the 20, where as recently before today I would probably have a ~50% success rate of survival. That could be coincidence, or maybe it's just tougher to play against PC killers who have the keyboard/mouse combo in their favour.

How is everyone else finding the crossplay feature?

Comments

  • I just played killer again after few weeks of vacation and the genrush was real. Nothing but sweaty swf teams.

  • As a killer I still get around 2 console and 2 pc.

    When I play survivor I get selfish teammates that will just hide and not do gens or anything with the cross play symbol so I can't say which platform I'm playing with.

    It's really not that bad, faster queues on pc.

  • Queue times are fast as killer but the lag is killing me. I'm getting all kinds of crazy frame drops, stutters, suvivors who seem to teleport away.

    Several times I've walked through a door only to port back into the room and be walking into the wall next to said door.

    Thought the survivor mistimed the pallet stun, started breaking the pallet, get the stun animation and then stand there in front of pallet while survivor has vanished. Its been a real circus today.

    Chases are so stuttery its really just guess work at this point when to swing.

    My ping is all over the place. spiking and dropping.

    It's not my net, its super fast and works just fine for every other game.

  • @pseudechis said:

    Queue times are fast as killer but the lag is killing me. I'm getting all kinds of crazy frame drops, stutters, suvivors who seem to teleport away.

    Several times I've walked through a door only to port back into the room and be walking into the wall next to said door.

    Thought the survivor mistimed the pallet stun, started breaking the pallet, get the stun animation and then stand there in front of pallet while survivor has vanished. Its been a real circus today.

    Chases are so stuttery its really just guess work at this point when to swing.

    My ping is all over the place. spiking and dropping.

    It's not my net, its super fast and works just fine for every other game.

    Same with me

  • While CP was enabled, MM wasn't really any faster and in some instances slower. I did notice many potato hiding selfish players, more than ever. Don't get me wrong, PS4 has a sizable population of these useless idiots but I'm running into them more so with CP. The Killers seem more ruthless and I can def feel the lag, choppy FP drops more than before.

  • @60cent said:

    All I know is when I have killers from others platforms (I'm ps4) suspicious stuff happens like killer is no where near in chase and suddenly you're hit, when they get run suddenly ppl get hit through walls or killer with no bbq nore any tracking perks finds you in the most random corner where the gen is done and you run iron will... Just a few situations that are fishy, seems more like hacking then skill to me

    Seems more like lag than anything else. Switch users on public wi-fi. I'm on PC, had a crossplay Billy earlier lagging like crazy. He hit me twice in a row, but then I broke out of his grasp by wiggling to just 75%. He was also warping around a bit. Was very clearly a case of a very poor connection. He was also only like rank 18. He lost terribly but still got a few good downs in because of the lag.

    DBD deals with lag in one of the worst ways it is possible to deal with it: By giving the lagging person an enormous advantage.

  • I played a few last night as killer and didn't have anything remarkable happen, felt pretty normal.. i had 1 match of 4 non-xbox users, the others usually had 1-2 CP players

    played today with a buddy on PC as survivor, no lag or any issues.. i'm actually surprised the game hasn't exploded

    my only gripe so far is end game scoreboard, clicking on someone's name on the xbox you have to then scroll 90 minutes to the right to see their profile

  • @60cent said:

    All I know is when I have killers from others platforms (I'm ps4) suspicious stuff happens like killer is no where near in chase and suddenly you're hit, when they get run suddenly ppl get hit through walls or killer with no bbq nore any tracking perks finds you in the most random corner where the gen is done and you run iron will... Just a few situations that are fishy, seems more like hacking then skill to me

    This has to be a troll right? Console players are just trying to make it seem every PC player is a hacker, right?


    I'm at 5K hours on dbd on pc and have faced less than 15 hackers in those amount of hours, the sudden increase of hacker reports from console is insane, lol.

  • @60cent said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1539482#Comment_1539482

    You guys are so ######### annoying with your pc bullshit. Dude you guys are not better nore are we, there is dumb shits on every console and I ran killers same as on ps4. Just now I saw a freddy from a different platform fly above the ground 3x my speed, hack or lag idk but he was levitating above the ground and ######### usually happens when that said noob is at 1 gen with 4 survivors alive. You must be brain dead thinking because ppl use wall hacks and play it smart they don'rlt cheat. Use wall hack pretend you're searching around or ignore 1 - 2 useless survivors and no one will notice. 2020 and kid believes there are no cheaters on pc

    Sir, you need to calm down, I never said we were better than anyone? I'm assuming I've probably played this game what, 2/3/4x the amount you have? Ask any PC player, there's barely any hackers, why would they be so cautious to hack against other PC players and then suddenly blatantly cheat against cross play user? lmao.


    Also, 2020 and people still don't read, i didn't once say there were no cheaters, I said I've faced less than 15.

  • Im loving it. I was surprised too, I thought it would be awful but no. Fast MM times and truly unique games. After ten hours of playing only experienced one disconnect.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    As a killer I still get around 2 console and 2 pc.

    When I play survivor I get selfish teammates that will just hide and not do gens or anything with the cross play symbol so I can't say which platform I'm playing with.

    It's really not that bad, faster queues on pc.

    Interesting that you had that experience.

    Other than the 1 rage quiting survivor, I didn't notice anyone in my 20 games that was trying to avoid playing. They were all keen to get gens done, rescue others and distract the killer when needed.

    I mean, 20 games isn't really many so I shouldn't be trying to draw too many conclusions from it!

  • As a solo que survivor on PC I have had what seems like longer lobby waits and terrible matches with very low rank survivors who seem to be SWF and I got killed pretty much every game. Needless to say I'm done with cross play

  • The lag is real. I mean, look at this:

    lag.jpg

    I'm off screen, but that's how far I was from the killer when I went down. PC btw.