BHVR! You Need A Unique Friend Code If You Want Cross Play To Work!
I have friends on PS4 that I can't play with because my friend code doesn't show up on their side.
And I CANNOT get to add them because their name doesn't show up on my side.
Anyone else having this issue? It's ######### irritating.
Edit: You have to search for their PSN and he had to search my Steam name for this to work. Type the PSN name or Steam friend name on the search bar in game.
Comments
There is also an "Add a Friend" that is in-game. It gives you a unique 4 digit ID that you can use to add one another
That "unique" code, isn't unique to YOU. That's what made it difficult, and because of that code, no one could find me for a while.
What I've discovered is that the 4 digit code can help in identifying exactly which of the x amount of names there are. Example so many people are called "Sexy and I NOED" but like, only 1 of them is called that AND has the tag, say, #55t4 (if this is someone's tag im sorry I didn't mean it).
The issue arises when people have the same name and tag and are on different platforms
Huh...
What's the point then of even having a "Friend Code" in game then? I would think the entire point of having a specific friend code for you is...well...it's specific to you :D
Yeah, except it's not.
My friends couldn't find me at all with that friend code, they had to punch in my exact Steam Profile name to find, there's no point to the friend code.
It makes 0 sense.