Just because there is a globe icon does not mean It's a PC Player

I've seen far too many people in threads, or making threads saying "PC Players Are XXXX" In a negative way, this is an issue, don't just assume it's PC players being awful, we're all cut from the same cloth, we're all awful at times, but pinning it all on one side because Cross-Play is active is kind of naive.


With that being said I hope you all at least give it a chance without assuming the worst will happen

Comments

  • I haven't played the new cross-play yet, but I had a feeling this kinda thing would happen instantly. I have no issue playing against PC on DbD. I feel like a vast majority of the negativity comes from the 'PC has X advantage over console' and yes, I won't deny that it's true that PC can alter settings, but at the same time, that advantage is pretty small compared to other games that crossplay like Fortnite or Warzone, where PC do get a pretty big advantage over console. Right now it just seems to be turning into the usual war of 'Mines better than yours' and it's pretty sad we're still seeing this nowadays. Let's just all enjoy the game we love together and stop being at each others throats.

  • Correct me if i am wrong @SenzuDuck but the icon only means the player is from a different plattform, right?

  • @xEa said:

    Correct me if i am wrong @SenzuDuck but the icon only means the player is from a different plattform, right?

    Yes.

    It could be any platform.

  • @Seanzu said:

    I've seen far too many people in threads, or making threads saying "PC Players Are XXXX" In a negative way, this is an issue, don't just assume it's PC players being awful, we're all cut from the same cloth, we're all awful at times, but pinning it all on one side because Cross-Play is active is kind of naive.

    With that being said I hope you all at least give it a chance without assuming the worst will happen

    don't worry, I go farther than that:

    if I see a world icon I immediately call out a toxic full PC swf ๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿ˜Ž


    /s

    anyway, I might be wrong but I think PC players are the biggest slice of the player base. Considering that you need to remove the same console from the equation (because they wouldn't have the world icon), assuming every world icon is a PC player will be wrong what, 20% of the time? Good enough for me ๐Ÿ•บ

  • @Nobsyde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/182042/just-because-there-is-a-globe-icon-does-not-mean-its-a-pc-player

    don't worry, I go farther than that:

    if I see a world icon I immediately call out a toxic full PC swf ๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿ˜Ž

    /s

    anyway, I might be wrong but I think PC players are the biggest slice of the player base. Considering that you need to remove the same console from the equation (because they wouldn't have the world icon), assuming every world icon is a PC player will be wrong what, 20% of the time? Good enough for me ๐Ÿ•บ

    wait-thats-illegal-.jpg


  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    I haven't played the new cross-play yet, but I had a feeling this kinda thing would happen instantly. I have no issue playing against PC on DbD. I feel like a vast majority of the negativity comes from the 'PC has X advantage over console' and yes, I won't deny that it's true that PC can alter settings, but at the same time, that advantage is pretty small compared to other games that crossplay like Fortnite or Warzone, where PC do get a pretty big advantage over console. Right now it just seems to be turning into the usual war of 'Mines better than yours' and it's pretty sad we're still seeing this nowadays. Let's just all enjoy the game we love together and stop being at each others throats.

    well said m8