Crossplay opt-out bug

This affects all platforms (that I've attempted).

My apologies if I suck at explaining this, but I'll try my best.

When you "opt-out" of crossplay, I've noticed that it only functions for other people who have specifically opt-out.

So when you "opt-out", you are ONLY MATCHED with other people who have also enabled the "opt-out". Which I believe, an "opt-out" should function on the basis of matching with the same platform, not the basis of other people also enabling the "opt-out" feature. This makes queues insufferably long.

... If that makes any sense.


Now, the "why"? Say for example, if I'm playing DBD on my Nintendo Switch, I will enable opt-out because I don't want to be matched against PC players. I want to only be matched with other Switch players. Not just people who also have "opt-out" toggled on.


I have noticed the matchmaking system has functioned like this for several months (PC), but never bothered to report it. But now with ACTUAL crossplay (I don't see PC vs PC as "crossplay"), it's something to think about.

Tagged: Pending

Comments