Console Survivors, please at least try the crossplay...

I'll start this off by quickly addressing console killers. The latest patch has really poor framerate for you that drops below 30fps, so I understand if you opt out of crossplay, this post isn't for you.

But for you survivors, please give crossplay a chance. you are NOT at a huge disadvantage going against PC killers.


With a controller and relatively stable framerate, you have near the same skill floors and ceilings as PC survivors. I play survivor on PC with a controller and can handle it just fine, and I was an Xbox/PS4 player for two years before moving on to PC. All the mindgames you can learn are still there, M/KB doesnt give an innate advatage to PC survivors.

Yes, you will see more killers like Nurse or Huntress, and no you wont't be getting away with as many 360 spins as you used to. But that doesn't mean you are disadvantaged, You aren't trying to throw a hatchet at the Huntress before she does the same to you, the killer using a M/KB doesn't affect your ability to loop or your game sense.


I know most of you are good players, since I was there with you. Crossplay is great for this games activity and playerbase, quick matches and more variety of killers. Please, don't be turned off by 5k hour Nurse horror stories. We PC survivors have to deal with them as well, and we keep playing this game. Calling for blocks with PC will hinder all the effort crossplay is trying to achieve in the first place.

Comments

  • I started playing DBD on XBOX about 2 months ago and only play killer. I was slowly getting used to the game and felt pretty comfortable with a couple of killers. i took a break for a few weeks and decided to pick it up again today. I tried cross play for about 5 games and felt like I barely had control of the killer. The survivors felt like they were buzzing around me like flies and I couldn't hit anyone at all. It was an awful experience and really put me off the game. After reading this forum I will try again tomorrow but turn the cross play feature off in the hope that it will feel normal again.

  • Problem is that there is latency issues. I was in crossplay for awhile, and firstly there always seems to be more latency and hits that shouldn't have connected when the killer is a different platform, and secondly almost all of the top killers are just better when played on PC, any killer with a projectile or nurse and Billy (due to being able to flick) are a lot stronger in the hands of a capable pc player compares to a console player. So that combined with the disadvantages of latency and almost never being able to 360 just makes it not worth finding a match 10 seconds earlier. Also in my experience, y'all are sweats, like chill. Never seen so many sweaty tryharding killers in one day than when I enabled crossplay. (I guess could be PS4 or switch..... Yeah let's be honest it's definitely not switch)

  • @Psychic1337 said:

    Problem is that there is latency issues. I was in crossplay for awhile, and firstly there always seems to be more latency and hits that shouldn't have connected when the killer is a different platform, and secondly almost all of the top killers are just better when played on PC, any killer with a projectile or nurse and Billy (due to being able to flick) are a lot stronger in the hands of a capable pc player compares to a console player. So that combined with the disadvantages of latency and almost never being able to 360 just makes it not worth finding a match 10 seconds earlier. Also in my experience, y'all are sweats, like chill. Never seen so many sweaty tryharding killers in one day than when I enabled crossplay. (I guess could be PS4 or switch..... Yeah let's be honest it's definitely not switch)

    LOL this is why so many PS4 survivors are potatoes when they can’t abuse the frame rate issue that console killers have. I love that. I guess honesty deserves something. Good lord GET GUD

1 2 3 4 ›