How good is the performance on the Switch version of the game?
So I'm leaving for college soon, and want to be able to play DBD while I'm there. The problem is that my Xbox, which is where I mainly played the game, will have to stay back home. So now I only have my Switch to play the game on (I do have a laptop, but it can barely run the game on the lowest settings).
I'm thinking about getting the Switch version of the game, but I've heard that it has some issues relating to performance. Specifically with it having poor framerates and downgraded graphics.
To those who have played the Switch version, how bad are these issues and the performance of the game in general
Comments
all that is true but its still somewhat playable. In my experience, theres a bit of input delay as well which can make you ######### up skillchecks and jukes. I dont play much killer so i cant say about that. Hopefully it gets optimized but who knows when or if that happens.
From my experience (admittedly haven't played since 4.0.0) it's not as bad as people say it is. It's got some annoying input delay if you don't play on handheld mode, or very close to the switch in docked mode, and obviously there's joy-con drift to worry about, but the overall performance could be worse.
The graphics don't look too bad all things considering- I'd say it looks better than pokemon SwSh and most of the time you get about 17-20fps. However, the more recent skins (and Blight Spirit), as well as Lèry's, do love to tank the framerate. There's also a pretty big memory leak issue meaning you need to restart every couple of hours and the switch likes to get very very spicy.
It's also worth noting that cross-progression won't be available on Xbox and so you won't be able to transfer your save data across.
Best of luck in college btw.
A friend of mine that I tried to get involved in DBD when I heard crossplay was around the corner gave up cuz his switch wasn´t able to run it.
In what way was the Switch not able to run it? I mean, every switch has the same specs and many people are playing this game on Switch just fine..
DbD on switch isn't bad (switch main/xbox secondary) it's just Oni/Spirit/Hawkin's/Lery's and sometimes Yamaoka's love to drop the framerate and switch player base is pretty small so you can see the same players again, tbh get it if you want to be occupied
Since 4.1.0 it’s unplayable, don’t buy it for now, check this thread: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/179630/bhvr-can-we-acknowledge-fps-on-console-is-awful-since-4-1-0#latest
It's playable, but it is not optimized at all so if you care about having a stable frame rate you might want to reconsider.
Some maps are absolutely terrible to play, like Lery's and especially Ormond.
There also still might be a memory leak in the Switch version, which cause your game to lag when playing for too long so you need to reset it every few hours.
Despite that I still enjoy DBD on Switch, and having being portable is great for a college student.