Double billy base kit nerf in just 1 patch
Devs said this mechanic isn't annoying enough to good players and just made it worse because why not, a baby that misses 10 chainsaws at point blank should have a cooldown but someone who is just good with the chainsaw shouldn't have the crummy overheat mechanic,
Also why did they now decide to remove the pallet stun leaving with charge especially with enduring, that was a part of billys kit for longer than I can remember and now they are just removing it, I understand removing the charge speed but removing the main reason to use mediocre perks like enduring on billy is just dumb, I think they realized people were ok with how billy was instead of depressed and just said we prefer option number two and cranked the nerfs even harder
I was hoping this update would just affect a few addons making some better or worse depending on how they were preforming but guess just suffering instead is fine.
Comments
I suppose they didn't wanted billy to mindlessly use his chainsaw at every occasion, making less pressure for survivors and by the same occasion trying to make billys more mindful about its power usage,
I find horrendous that a rank 4 billy tried the whole trial to hit with his power even in tight loops when he coudla downed more than once survivors with his M1.
Maybe most "billy mains" have a level way below the average.
They pretty much changed it from we don't want him to facecamp and mindlessly miss chainsaw after chainsaw close up in favor of we want to also punish people for trying fun/hard/risky techniques with even more risk for reward, the risk reward was already fine in that situation but they just want the game to favor survivors if its a good killer they are facing or a bad one.
I agree with you that some Billys were mindlessly using the chain saw but as u said it was fine cuz u could easily just loop the Billy. The worst part is that I much much prefer playing against old Billy than new leatherface. I think the Billy mains will be moving over to him if they push the overheat mechanic too far.
they are trying to make it less fun and that just means they will move on to other fun things which means less billy and more of everyone else like huntress, spirit, nurse ect
"mediocre perk like enduring"
its not the best of perks and they made it useless to run on billy by removing the effect of residual charge bar when stunned while charging the chainsaw dash, also in comparison to perks like bbq, PGTW, STBFL, Whispers, Moniter and abuse, Nurses calling, Stridor on spirit, its mediocre