Ghostface stalking through cracks

so im a new player and I was playing against GF. I was running him in shack and I was on the inside while he was on the outside with a wall between us. I could tell he was trying to expose me through the cracks so I made sure I looked at him. All of a sudden boom! I'm exposed.

Is this just part of his ability?

As a survicor is there anyway to counter this? Besides trying to hide or run away. Can I run up to the crack and try and expose him or is he not exposable through cracks?

Just asking thanks

Comments

  • @monster89 said:

    so im a new player and I was playing against GF. I was running him in shack and I was on the inside while he was on the outside with a wall between us. I could tell he was trying to expose me through the cracks so I made sure I looked at him. All of a sudden boom! I'm exposed.

    Is this just part of his ability?

    As a survicor is there anyway to counter this? Besides trying to hide or run away. Can I run up to the crack and try and expose him or is he not exposable through cracks?

    Just asking thanks

    Yea it's annoying. The only area it affects me is the shack but they are getting rid of the cracks when they update the graphics so this shouldn't be that big of a problem anymore

  • @TruffleTurtle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/180580/ghostface-stalking-through-cracks

    Yea it's annoying. The only area it affects me is the shack but they are getting rid of the cracks when they update the graphics so this shouldn't be that big of a problem anymore

    Ok Thanks

  • Yeah, it's part of his ability that he can stalk through gaps in props/buildings, same as it's a part of Deathslinger's ability that he can shoot through them (and Plague, to an extent). However, I'm fairly certain that most of the gaps in shack aren't supposed to be stalked through.

  • The real question is, why can Ghostface do that but Michael cant?

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Yeah, it's part of his ability that he can stalk through gaps in props/buildings, same as it's a part of Deathslinger's ability that he can shoot through them (and Plague, to an extent). However, I'm fairly certain that most of the gaps in shack aren't supposed to be stalked through.

    Yes i knew he can stalk through cracks i also knew about deathslinger too. My question was is it part of his ability that he can stalk u through holes but I cant expose him even tho I'm directly looking at him?

  • If he can see me I should be able to see him too right? It felt like a one way mirror lol

  • @monster89 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1521938#Comment_1521938

    Yes i knew he can stalk through cracks i also knew about deathslinger too. My question was is it part of his ability that he can stalk u through holes but I cant expose him even tho I'm directly looking at him?

    Because there are a lot of variables to unlocking him.

    Where is he on your screen?

    How much of him can you see?

    Is he using his reveal range reduction addons?

    Are you actually even looking at him?

  • @Demonl3y said:

    The real question is, why can Ghostface do that but Michael cant?

    Can michael definitely not or is it that ghostface can crouch and thus see through cracks michael can't? I always assumed it was the latter

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1521994#Comment_1521994

    To expose Ghostface he must have more than 20% of his body on the center of your screen, which doesn't happen through cracks.

    Ohhhhh. I missed that part

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1521994#Comment_1521994

    To expose Ghostface he must have more than 20% of his body on the center of your screen, which doesn't happen through cracks.

    Now that makes more sense

  • @monster89 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1521938#Comment_1521938

    Yes i knew he can stalk through cracks i also knew about deathslinger too. My question was is it part of his ability that he can stalk u through holes but I cant expose him even tho I'm directly looking at him?

    No, and nor is is a part of his ability that survivors can expose him through solid walls. His actual reveal mechanic is extremely bugged.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    The real question is, why can Ghostface do that but Michael cant?

    Michael can do it.

    Just not in ALL cracks due to his inability to crouch. But if you see a Survivor through a crack as Myers you can absolutely stalk them.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    The real question is, why can Ghostface do that but Michael cant?

    He can, i got stalked once and he was almost tier 3 when i realized he was there.

  • This happens in corn fields too. Even if you can see him the corn is considered a brick wall in terns of line of sight from the Survivors perspective. This however does not reflect on Ghostface side as he can stalk through the corn no problem.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    The real question is, why can Ghostface do that but Michael cant?

    The height of the cracks, with a first person camera michael is just too high for most of them unless at a range, ghostface has survivor height and the ability to crouch letting him use them closer up and more effectively than michael