Can we finally have an optimization update?

Game has more and more fps drops everytime I play. I used to fix this by disabling vsync, but apparently now you can't?

I get that we are probably gonna get one with the new graphics update, and I really hope they add actual graphical options like texture quality, lightning, bloom, ssao, etc and not something like we have right now with "Low, Medium, Ultra" and a literal slider for resolution

Comments

  • Yeah this game has been without proper settings nor optimization since launch. I think instead of a new chapter something like Rainbow Six: Siege's Operation Health where they focus on optimization and bug fixes and perhaps QoL additions would be much better.

  • @Hatty said:

    Game has more and more fps drops everytime I play. I used to fix this by disabling vsync, but apparently now you can't?

    I get that we are probably gonna get one with the new graphics update, and I really hope they add actual graphical options like texture quality, lightning, bloom, ssao, etc and not something like we have right now with "Low, Medium, Ultra" and a literal slider for resolution

    by some reason i start matches with 120 fps then i get like 30 when time pass for some reason, even in low graphics, i have no idea ######### is wrong with this game to be soo demanding when it clearly should not be.

  • @Arctus said:

    Yeah this game has been without proper settings nor optimization since launch. I think instead of a new chapter something like Rainbow Six: Siege's Operation Health where they focus on optimization and bug fixes and perhaps QoL additions would be much better.

    Except Operation: Health broke the game; A lot of people don’t remember how broken it actually made the game. Something like this does need to happen, though

  • @ImagineUcareForPips said:

    I lost my hope on that.

    They promised it 2018 and it's been 2 years now. All we got even less performance and more bugs. And Now next gen consoles are around the corner. I honestly don't believe they will optimise anything and just wait it out till new consoles release. Just another lie bhvr told us I guess

    I play since 2016 and honestly I lost my hope back then with so many things that were into the game like Infinites

    It took them like 1 or 2 years to remove them for some reason

  • Guess what, optimizations don't bring money to their wallets, so I guess this will never happen.

  • @RockoRango said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520467#Comment_1520467

    Except Operation: Health broke the game; A lot of people don’t remember how broken it actually made the game. Something like this does need to happen, though

    I know I meant something like Operation Health that works as intended

  • @Hatty said:

    Game has more and more fps drops everytime I play. I used to fix this by disabling vsync, but apparently now you can't?

    I get that we are probably gonna get one with the new graphics update, and I really hope they add actual graphical options like texture quality, lightning, bloom, ssao, etc and not something like we have right now with "Low, Medium, Ultra" and a literal slider for resolution

    I would do anything to even get simple graphic settings like that on console :(

  • @ImagineUcareForPips said:

    I lost my hope on that.

    They promised it 2018 and it's been 2 years now. All we got even less performance and more bugs. And Now next gen consoles are around the corner. I honestly don't believe they will optimise anything and just wait it out till new consoles release. Just another lie bhvr told us I guess

    That are exactly the sad and true facts.

  • what if you first wait for the new graphics, because devs aren't gonna spend time optimizing old graphics when they're already working on new ones

  • I am very curious to why they reverted an update that came out it the past. The game was so smooth and fully optimized on console and the loading screen was as fast as PC. I think it was an update where Ormond was disabled but I am not too sure. I know I am not the only one who remember this update.

  • @Hatty said:

    Game has more and more fps drops everytime I play. I used to fix this by disabling vsync, but apparently now you can't?

    I get that we are probably gonna get one with the new graphics update, and I really hope they add actual graphical options like texture quality, lightning, bloom, ssao, etc and not something like we have right now with "Low, Medium, Ultra" and a literal slider for resolution

    GameUserSettings.ini make a back up first just in case.

    set

    bUseVSync=True

    to

    bUseVSync=False


    Thanks for the information, I did not know it was forcing vsync. I will see if this makes a difference.

    EDIT: Dramatically increases GPU load, gives a few FPS, game still stutters and lags like a ######### though.

    EDIT2: Getting 1500 FPS on the initial loading screen before the camp fire is comical.

  • i thought the game worked fine for me, but then i played as freddy on gideon and ormond.