Trapper and Padded Jaws
Warning
No formatter is installed for the format not-found
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
You can pair it up with honing stone, so survivors can't free themselves.
Or with save the best for last, so you always get 2 stacks.
Otherwise... don't bother. It just makes your power worse for extra bloodpoints on a category you usually max out anyway.
Not worth the bonus BP if you ask me.
It came into the game with the speed limiter for hillbilly. It's a relic of the past. However if you want to be effective with it run it with the Ultra rare iridescent coil. If they step in the trap, they don't get injured...but if they just disarm it they lose a health state. Make your choice, survivors. Make your choice.
I think you misread Padded Jaws, it awards +100% points for trapping survivors (i.e. double). You normally get 1000 Devious points for survivors walking into one of your traps so Padded Jaws awards 2000 points each. It's a pretty sizeable bonus. (For comparison you get 1000 points if you Kill a survivor.)
https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Padded_JawsActually I didn't come in the game with speed limiter it came long after.
Padded Jaws with something that was made around the mid chapter for clown or spirit I can't remember which one whichever one had the add-on pass for hag and trapper.
Don't use BP add-ons.
Oh did it? Well I'll be. I could have sworn those things have been clogging my bloodweb forever but I'm not going to pretend I know everything lol.
Well the endgame score is the victory points for the match so hypothetically if they gave enough points to make up for the disadvantage it would be a decent add-on. The main issues with them are:
Now if Padded Jaws and similar handicap-for-score add-ons allowed you to exceed the 8k limit and get over 32k max score in the match then they might be worth using. As is though they're kind of a gimmick unfortunately.
P.S. But now that someone said "Don't use bloodpoint add-ons" I'm going to use them out of spite. ๐
Ever since the clowns mid chapter patches when they've been looking over Killers they've included BP add-ons which hinder the power in return for blood points.
Billy was the original Bubba too.
Trapper- has the previously mentioned padded Jaws
Wraith- has beast I think it is which doesn't remove his terror radius when he is cloaked.
Nurse- has like 4 for some reason
Freddy- has one that reduces the slowdown survivors receive when stepping on your traps.
I can't remember if there's any more off the top of my head
Padded jaws should only be used if your using the perk save the best for last.
So you can get 2 stacks when a non obsession steps in a trap.
Otherwise garbage.
They should give Spirit one where she doesn't go invisible when she's phasing. Super speed spirit would be a super jumpscare if you're not ready for it.
I randomize my perks and add-ons every game. When I've had padded traps I've been lucky enough to down the person on time, but it can be annoying on an occassion when it is escaped from.
It's more a negative perk, like Wraith's "Beast" add-on, although even with that it's got some tactics. More a perk to make you feel good about yourself after a 4k!