has anyone been documenting the evolution of DBD?
I've been playing DBD off and on for a few years, and am really interested in the ways its design has evolved over that time (and I was SUPER interested when they released that footage of the alpha build of the game). Has anyone, either at BHVR or on their own, been documenting the evolution of the game somewhere I can read about it? Things like how the game has been rebalanced as new killers and perks have been introduced, and core mechanics changes like the collapse and shutting the hatch, and even changes that were introduced and didn't work and were rolled back.
Comments
I'd love a documentary like that.
I've found the next best thing: scrolling down the game's announcements page on steam!
https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/announcements/
Some great gems in here, including the Michael Myers teaser video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCK-Ecigz68and the moment it all went wrong. ๐
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/381210/old_view/960773883817763465
and dev diary #1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqIOpWlvK34More archival stuff:
https://archive.deadbydaylight.com/posts/2016/#BringBackLotusBones
If you check the Dbd wiki it tells you all the updates perks, and stuff got changed and how
true! it would be neat if it was all sorted by chronology, though, especially with notes about why changes happened.
You just check the updates by reading the patch notes on this forum from the earliest to now
Path notes only go back to April 2018, 2 years after the game launched.
https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Patches use the wiki patchnotes
The reason why those only go back to april 2018 is, that there was no forum back then. BHVR used the steam page / forum and moved on to their own platform/forum (probably bc of the release on different platforms who couldnt participate in discussions).
@OP: Well I dont have anything in chronological order... but just things worth mentioning I guess
oh awesome! I didn't know there were patch notes on the wiki that went further back. Thanks!
"could heal urself faster than the cooldown of a m1"
That's amazing. :D