Clown has been shadow-nerfed

Yes. You did read that title correctly.

Before the latest patch throwing bottles did not remove stacks of PWYF. Now they do.

Because with gen times at an all time low, moris and keys still in the game, almost all perks being bad, most maps being either decent or terrible, and survivors randomly making no sounds whatsoever, Clown clearly needed to be nerfed.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to down a gallon of bleach.

Comments

  • @BillyMain77 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1517371#Comment_1517371

    Killers are not to weak, maybe your just weak with them?

    Im a rank 1 killer and im getting 4ks 90% of the time on multiple killers.

    Thats your own personal experience though. I do think that the vast majority of killers are weak and need some type of buff in specific areas depending on the killer. For instance trapper, why doesnt he start with more traps? his job is area control and i stopped playing him because hes garbage without bag add ons. Also they can freely step in traps with no downside while injured. Like are you kidding me?! Thats just one killer, imagine getting into everyone else. I bet in order for you to get 4ks 90% of the time you have to slug. Otherwise theres no way to get that number without slugging. Just goes to show you that the OP is right, every game is a predictable slog.

  • I just despise the Clown in general. Doesn't matter what playstyle they use. Only killer i dislike more I think is Legion.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1518960#Comment_1518960

    I just despise the Clown in general. Doesn't matter what playstyle they use. Only killer i dislike more I think is Legion.

    I like clown, but legion should just be deleted. Piss on legion.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    It's dumb and shouldn't work that way but honestly I would never have found this out on my own since I don't play clown too often and I almost never use PWYF. If something is nerfed but no one ever even discovers it then is it a nerf? It could have always worked this way for all I know.

    Opie discovered it already.

  • @Roobnus said:

    The nerf that we all needed! Clown was OP! No seriously, what the hell?

    As for balance;

    The current matchmaking demonstrates us perfectly that matches with players of different skill levels are incredibly unfair. So is it the game that is unbalanced or is it the matchmaking that created unfair matches in all those years?

    To find out if the game is balanced, the system needs to put TOP TIER players against each other. The best Killers vs the best Survivors, that is a representation of "balance" because the matches are FAIR and the players know how to play, how to abuse mechanics.

    It's no coincidence that in tournaments you mostly see tunneling Spirits, Hags and Nurses. If they played other Killers and didn't tunnel, they would get destroyed.

    lmfao I bet some "top tier" are gonna get pretty tired of 1 to 2 kills being a "good match". prepare for an inundation of afk killers, macro killers which I like since it's easy bloodpoints and some types of rift/compendium, and farmers when they decide there's no point in trying and hope you at least help them get some bloodpoints before they decide to just stack up on the survivor queues instead. Having too many potatos might ruin the game for a lot of survivors, but never having potatos ever again ruins the entire game for some killers without some major, major overhauls and changes in a lot of ways. When you're expected to spend weeks or months in training, and put on performances and entertain others even when you're no longer having any fun yourself... it becomes work. And people expect to be paid to work. Or they'll work elsewhere. Paid doesn't mean in cash in this case, it's figurative, the payment is fun, enjoyment, satisfaction. Not stress, abuse, and tedium.

  • I mean it makes sense though as it is an offensive action and every other ability removes pwyf stacks even vomit

    Also i feel like with the slowdown of the bottle and even 1-2 pwyf stacks you shouldn’t have too hard of a time getting a hit

    The thing I do agree with you though is on why this was a priority for the devs? Over spirit and nightmare the massive amount of perks either being too overrated or underrated they chose to fix clowns bottles with pwyf?

1 2 ›