Does anyone else not play, but continue to follow the game?

I've played 3 1/2 years and just feel burn out at this point so I've stopped playing for now. it isn't due to some complaint I have with the game (if you told me the game would ever be this balanced 2 years ago I would laugh at you, GJ BHVR!), I just got tired of it.


Anyone else not play but still keep up to date?

Comments

  • From when I started (just before spirit's release) to around ghostface's release I played lots and often, I was hooked instantly. Since then I calmed down a lot and will play maybe a couple of evenings a week, sometimes with fairly long breaks from playing at all - usually when pissed off with it or distracted by something else - but I always stay up to date with what's going on.

  • Kinda. I watch people play more on Twitch than I play the game myself nowadays. I also talk about the game on various forums more than I play. I get on to play a few games every now and then, but I don't play nearly as much as I once did. I play solo survivor and killer when I do play. It gets old dealing with random teammates that don't play well as a solo survivor. Then you hop on killer just to wait 5 minutes for a match for it to just be vs an optimal SWF team that makes you say to yourself, "What the heck. Why can't I get these types of players on my team as a solo?".

  • I more often watch Ohmwrecker play than I play myself. I usually get back in, when I know there's a new chapter or rift just to fi ish it. But after a month afterwards I take a break again. 🤷‍♂️

  • @Aneurysm said:

    From when I started (just before spirit's release) to around ghostface's release I played lots and often, I was hooked instantly. Since then I calmed down a lot and will play maybe a couple of evenings a week, sometimes with fairly long breaks from playing at all - usually when pissed off with it or distracted by something else - but I always stay up to date with what's going on.

    i started a bit after doc came out and just played and played just this game for years, I can feel sometimes playing it wen something new comes out

  • @Axx said:

    Kinda. I watch people play more on Twitch than I play the game myself nowadays. I also talk about the game on various forums more than I play. I get on to play a few games every now and then, but I don't play nearly as much as I once did. I play solo survivor and killer when I do play. It gets old dealing with random teammates that don't play well as a solo survivor. Then you hop on killer just to wait 5 minutes for a match for it to just be vs an optimal SWF team that makes you say to yourself, "What the heck. Why can't I get these types of players on my team as a solo?".

    I rarely run into toxic sweat squads, guess I'm lucky

  • @IIITweedleIII said:

    I more often watch Ohmwrecker play than I play myself. I usually get back in, when I know there's a new chapter or rift just to fi ish it. But after a month afterwards I take a break again. 🤷‍♂️

    Its otzdarva for me since he is so chill and explains his 4d chess maneuvers

  • Well I never said they were toxic. Just because people are good at the game doesn't mean they are toxic.

  • @Axx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1516760#Comment_1516760

    Well I never said they were toxic. Just because people are good at the game doesn't mean they are toxic.

    Ah, thought you meant the usual 4 man GG EZ squads and not just a regular 4 man. I never ran into a 4 man that wasn't cocky, but matchmaking do be fickle like that

  • I play on weekends.. so basically i dont play, then feel like playing, then visit the forums at work, and then don't feel like playing.