State of the Community

Hi everyone

I´ve been a long time reader of the forums but this my first own post, so please bear that in mind if I accidentally violate any regulations of this forum.

For the past year I have taken several multi-month breaks from DBD due to reasons. Only logged on to get the new achievements done and to check out what´s new.

As of recently I found the time and motivation to really get back into it. This lead to some suprising observations.


Before my break(s) I experienced what lots of players do - post-game toxicity. You´ve all heard it...GG EZ, GIT GUD, KXS and so on. Doesn´t help that I play far more killer than survivor. I dont like simply avoiding post game chat altogether because I enjoy having little talks after long intense matches when we had a good time.

As of recently though I see far less toxic trashtalking and far more sportsmanlike ggs, friendly banter and more positive exchanges in general. This is a very pleasant change for the game and I wonder : How is your take on this? Do you have similar experiences, or vastly different ones?


Thanks for reading!

Comments

  • Agreed, although we still have a fair share of babies around

  • Killer side : If they're toxic right on the end game screen don't even bother try to read their messages, this is most of the time kids feeding their demanding Schadenfreude, or their ego, depends.

    If they're friendly engage conversation if thats your thing.

    Survivor side : Be the most ruthless mediator you can be if your "teammates" are toxic, the most important thing if to make them feel bad for what they did (this work quite often if you're good with words and a good player in general). If they're even more toxic, trigger kids alert and don't even bother. It's a lost cause for several years.

  • I don't play dbd at the moment often enough, to have a opinion on that, but... maybe I was lucky... but I had anyways most of the time more friendly chats.

  • I largely just laugh it off. The more whining and winging I hear at the end, the funnier it is to me. Listening to bad sports complain can be thought of as a perk. Just translate it for what it means, i.e. "you were schooling us."

  • when i play survivor (im a soloer) if we end up stomping the killer and one of the other morons says "gg ez" i will go down his throat and tell them to stfu because the game was heavily stacked in our favor, then i will give the killer some tips on what they did wrong

  • Yeah, unfortunately its very easy to remember the bad moments. But I have been going into end game chats with horrible expectations and getting. "GG" or stuff like "Holy ######### that was intense". There are ofc still people that claim "You tunneled/camped" or "Lol you used add-ons"(what?) or "We weren't even trying and you were just played sweaty". But if I think I can, I try to talk with them to either make them see my point of view, and if I dont think I can, I just say gg and leave.

    So yeah im slightly suprised too. And the few times I play survivor I always try to open with a gg. And if the other survivors jump on the killer to boost their egos and flame him for blatantly false accusations I usually get on the killer side and say sry on behalf of the other survivors.

    Once in a while I do some passive agressive insults if its blatantly obvious that he was just standing under the hook at 5 gens and camping his first down or something similar obvious. Things I know are scummy and not good for the killer to do if he wants to win and not just be a dickhead to survivors. I probably shouldnt, since those kinds of people just want attention.