Why is dbd so buggy after the update?

Ok, so here is the deal: I had 5 games, and in 4 of them I add a GAME BREAKING bug that killed me. I got hit while the killer was off screen, literally, yet I somehow got hit. And before all the "I want my 4k" killer mains come and tell me to get a good computer and a good internet, note that BOTH are good.

In another game, I just vaulted a window and I was LITERALLY 5 feet away from it, yet I somehow got hit threw it. And before you tell me "lul thats proof that there is lag and its you", note that before the update it NEVER EVER happened to me (at least for a while, before dedicated servers were a thing).

Please, devs, explain to me how you managed to (bad word) your hitboxes and stuff without even mentioning updating it. Please tell us why you decided to turn into crap something that no one cared about (the servers) into poop.

Comments

  • Just AFTER the update???

  • lmao this looks like it's been written by a twelve year old but here's what we know

    for the millionth time It's not hitbox issues it's latency. Either your ping or the killer's ping.

    Server-Side hit registration is being worked on and it should fix all your worries.

    4.1.1 fixed plenty of things but latency has been an issue for 4 years now, it's not cause of this update.

  • @slim0b you have a point for the killer latency part, sometimes it is this. But when you notice that there is a pattern in things that bug more often (like dead hard for example), then you can tell it is not just lag. Also, if it is the killer that lags, then why cannot the devs fix it?

    @johnmwarmer yes

  • @slunder said:

    @slim0b you have a point for the killer latency part, sometimes it is this. But when you notice that there is a pattern in things that bug more often (like dead hard for example), then you can tell it is not just lag. Also, if it is the killer that lags, then why cannot the devs fix it?

    @johnmwarmer yes

    Quote: "Also, if it is the killer that lags, then why cannot the devs fix it?"

    The game used to be hosted via the killer (peer to peer). When the devs added dedicated servers some parts of the game's peer to peer roots remained such as killer-sided hit registration.

    This causes laggy killers to get all kinda of unfair hits to this day.

    However the devs are going to fix this by adding server-sided hit validation. They actually wanted to test it during the latest PTB but due to laggy PTB servers the test was postponed.


    It's coming down the road anyways so expect hits to make A LOT more sense in the future.

  • @slim0b however, there is one thing that is right about your comment and I apologize for it: I am sorry for my comment being aggressive. I should have been nicer: killer mains are not necessarily entitled. They are allowed to have an opinion.