Would it be bad if Killers were the same 'size' as Survivors?

Right now I think only Hag, spirit and Legion are, in lack of a better term 'human sized' while all other killers are at least 1 1/2 heads taller than the tallest survivors.

Would it be good or bad for a game if they were their 'normal' (as in before the entity took them) size, or wouldn't that make a difference?


Or are my eyes just deceiving me?

Comments

  • Tall Killers have more trouble mindgaming certain tiles (with Huntress and Plague being the most notable examples of this: especially when using specific cosmetics), so there is a balancing aspect to it.

    I don't know if it'd break the game if they shrunk the Killers down to Survivor size, but it'd certainly have an effect beyond being cosmetic.

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    Tall Killers have more trouble mindgaming certain tiles (with Huntress and Plague being the most notable examples of this: especially when using specific cosmetics), so there is a balancing aspect to it.

    I don't know if it'd break the game if they shrunk the Killers down to Survivor size, but it'd certainly have an effect beyond being cosmetic.

    also, taking into account how often I had survivors crouch up to me, I don't think having killer stand 8' tall is having any 'don't approach' effect if that was the intent...

  • I thought Legion, Ghostface and Hag were survivor sized. I know that killers have their point of view set higher or lower depending on which one you're using. Would it be bad? Nah.

  • Freddy is also human sized, and yet that still makes most killers bigger, possibly for that intimidation factor.

    Whilst I wouldn't shrink existing Killers, I certainly like the idea of having more "human-sized" killers. I'd also find cool (albeit maybe not possible) of having even taller killers - ones which crouch down to get through doorways.

    I wouldn't want smaller Killers though. Having a Chucky or Gremlin running about would just be too comical in my eyes.

  • For example The Oni is not natural anymore, so the logical/scary thing of this supernatural being is to be large. This makes it more "scary" and often makes people feel small and helpless. Although, If you're afraid of spiders, a big harmless spider could be just as scary as a deadly tiny one. Here, the size is irrelevant so It's in the eye of the beholder I guess.

    Just food for thought.

    Have a good evening and don't get lost in the fog, friend!

    BloodiBeard