Now I understand new MatchMaking!

After collecting some data for past 2 days I finally understand how to enjoy the game as a Killer. 


https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/178777/dwighththts-matchmaking/


I have played for 2 days. More than 25 matches with constant killer -- The Cannibal with the following outcome: 

Day 1: I mostly enjoy matches. Matchmaking is fast. Ranks are mixed. Getting 3k or 4k is quite possible with regular game-play. I've enjoyed it.

Day 2: I've been mostly matched with sweaty red ranks solo and lots of SWF. I was losing match after match and de-ranked from 8 to 10. 

This was exactly same matchmaking result, like it was before the change, when I was constantly matched with a lot more experienced survs, like my rank 8 vs their rannk 1 - 4. 


I have decided to switch the killer. 


2 matches with Plague -- awesome

1 match with Nurse... like annoying 1 guy in SWF and I don't really play nurse

2 matches with the Executioner -- awesome 

2 matches with Billy -- awesome

2 matches with Clown -- awesome


In conclusion, I think this is what the new MMR wants killer players to do: spread MMR across all killers. 

On the other hand if you are maiming 1 killer -- then you will be punished quite soon, after 10 - 20 matches or so. 


Good song about matchmaking: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Hj7bp38f8

Comments

  • Love your song

  • @Dwigtht said:

    After collecting some data for past 2 days I finally understand how to enjoy the game as a Killer. 

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/178777/dwighththts-matchmaking/

    I have played for 2 days. More than 25 matches with constant killer -- The Cannibal with the following outcome: 

    Day 1: I mostly enjoy matches. Matchmaking is fast. Ranks are mixed. Getting 3k or 4k is quite possible with regular game-play. I've enjoyed it.

    Day 2: I've been mostly matched with sweaty red ranks solo and lots of SWF. I was losing match after match and de-ranked from 8 to 10. 

    This was exactly same matchmaking result, like it was before the change, when I was constantly matched with a lot more experienced survs, like my rank 8 vs their rannk 1 - 4. 

    I have decided to switch the killer. 

    2 matches with Plague -- awesome

    1 match with Nurse... like annoying 1 guy in SWF and I don't really play nurse

    2 matches with the Executioner -- awesome 

    2 matches with Billy -- awesome

    2 matches with Clown -- awesome

    In conclusion, I think this is what the new MMR wants killer players to do: spread MMR across all killers. 

    On the other hand if you are maiming 1 killer -- then you will be punished quite soon, after 10 - 20 matches or so. 

    Good song about matchmaking: 

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Hj7bp38f8

    At least you understand it. The matches will continue to get harder until you lose a lot. That's the settling process of MMR. Once everyone settles, it'll be alright.