I Really Love Leatherdaddy Since His Rework

He's just fantastic! I can actually use his power in a chase. Best rework ever!

Comments

  • Personally, any killer that can tunnel through bt in the same usage of his power without any addons and across half the map with, is not a good rework but a busted one.

    Call me a lowlife but i don't play against a bubba anymore, i gen jockey, run him for a little bit, get hooked and off myself.

    I don't feel like Bubba leaves much open to enjoy, a closed looping spot? He'll just m1 or if you're on a pallet force you to drop it. An open space? Chainsaw all the way.

    It Honestly feels like the Legion nerf but reversed as a buff.

  • @Vibe_plant said:

    Personally, any killer that can tunnel through bt in the same usage of his power without any addons and across half the map with, is not a good rework but a busted one.

    Call me a lowlife but i don't play against a bubba anymore, i gen jockey, run him for a little bit, get hooked and off myself.

    I don't feel like Bubba leaves much open to enjoy, a closed looping spot? He'll just m1 or if you're on a pallet force you to drop it. An open space? Chainsaw all the way.

    It Honestly feels like the Legion nerf but reversed as a buff.

    He is fine. He may be good at chasing but still has little map pressure.

  • @Vibe_plant said:

    Personally, any killer that can tunnel through bt in the same usage of his power without any addons and across half the map with, is not a good rework but a busted one.

    Call me a lowlife but i don't play against a bubba anymore, i gen jockey, run him for a little bit, get hooked and off myself.

    I don't feel like Bubba leaves much open to enjoy, a closed looping spot? He'll just m1 or if you're on a pallet force you to drop it. An open space? Chainsaw all the way.

    It Honestly feels like the Legion nerf but reversed as a buff.

    You can easily loop him at a t-wall, a window and even stun him with a pallet without him breaking the pallet with the chainsaw. If you're in the open, then yes, he will down you most of the time. You shouldn't have went to a dead zone. If you choose to run in a straight line against a Bubba just because you have BT, that's also not how you do that. He's not nearly as oppressive as old Leatherface was.

    He cant rev forever and his tantrums are longer, rewarding you for making him run into something. He's shut down even during a full chainsaw sweep at a window if you loop it right. The only thing different is, he has a faster movement to catch survivors so he doesn't have to butt rub you with his chainsaw to actually down you with it.

    He can't chainsaw across the map? He has a max of 12 seconds. Again, if you're running in a straight line instead of using windows or pallets, you're playing against him wrong. His chainsaw also swings wider a little making ot easier to hit walls for a self-stun. It's not easy to control it around corners. Window loop his ass into oblivion.

  • @ Antares2332 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1511778#Comment_1511778

    He is fine. He may be good at chasing but still has little map pressure.

    Very true. I enjoy making Leatherdaddys run into a wall and stare at them while running xD knowing he has to be pissed xD

  • :) I had know that something like that comes up.

    It's worthless to teach survs on the forums something. Do it in the ingame chat. They are usually a bit more open for it. The survs on the forums are not here to get advice to something. That is just my experience. Prove me wrong^^.

    And yes, I know that is not the nicest posting someone can post, but the reality is not always nice.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1511796#Comment_1511796

    You can easily loop him at a t-wall, a window

    Bamboozle.

    stun him with a pallet without him breaking the pallet with the chainsaw.

    Enduring SF

    He cant rev forever

    Irrelevant unless facecamping. Which is funny, because he can still 100% do it, it just takes a little more brain power.

    his tantrums are longer, rewarding you for making him run into something.

    Relying on player mistakes = counterplay argument, similar to Spirit/Deathslinger.

    I think a perfectly played Bubba might actually be nigh-unstoppable for solos. We'll have to see if he can actually get hits when running the vast majority of tiles perfectly against a survivor who also runs them perfectly (chili probably makes this possible). Regardless, I think people are going to start calling him unfair once people start getting used to him and using Enduring SF and/or Bamboozle. I'm very interested to see how he plays out in the long run.

    You can only bamboozle 1 window at a time. T-walls still shut him down. If he's using both then pre-throw pallets and do it over and over again until gens are done. It's not super easy to do turns around objects anymore. He swings wider so you can't hug walls like you could before and lose great distance during. Yes, he's hard but still beatable.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1511796#Comment_1511796

    You can easily loop him at a t-wall, a window

    Bamboozle.

    stun him with a pallet without him breaking the pallet with the chainsaw.

    Enduring SF

    He cant rev forever

    Irrelevant unless facecamping. Which is funny, because he can still 100% do it, it just takes a little more brain power.

    his tantrums are longer, rewarding you for making him run into something.

    Relying on player mistakes = counterplay argument, similar to Spirit/Deathslinger.

    I think a perfectly played Bubba might actually be nigh-unstoppable for solos. We'll have to see if he can actually get hits when running the vast majority of tiles perfectly against a survivor who also runs them perfectly (chili probably makes this possible). Regardless, I think people are going to start calling him unfair once people start getting used to him and using Enduring SF and/or Bamboozle. I'm very interested to see how he plays out in the long run.

    So which killer and perks am I allowed to use?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1511834#Comment_1511834

    T-walls don't shut him down, at least not by themselves (IE not connected to another tile with a window). Bamboozle the T, burn the L (if you even have to).

    Pre-throwing pallets is definitely the way to go but what happens when you have massive deadzones all over the map against a killer that has a permanent instadown? Your team gets screwed.

    I'm not saying he's a 4 man DS Unbreakable Adrenaline DH/DS killer. But Bubba dicks solos. Hard. You only ever need one weak link.

    T-Walls have 2 windows. He bamboozles one window and starts revving his chainsaw and you jump the window as he starts his dash. No matter which way he runs, you WILL reach the window first and you can either fast vault and he has to continue his chainsaw dash around and just jump the window again until he runs out of dashes or if he tries faking and backpedals, just go left or right and continue until you reach the window again.

    Bamboozle wears off after 30 seconds. There are a TON of pallets in each map. More than enough to throw a pallet, loop once and skip a pallet before throwing the next one and still have plenty left on the map as long as people are doing gens. I have only run out of pallets 2 times. Both times because my teammates took 6 minutes to do 2 gens. On video. Rank 1.

    Otherwise, I never have ran out of pallets on normal matches as a survivor. I also use windows heavily also.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1511852#Comment_1511852

    What does that have to do anything?

    It's the profile picture again, innit?

    You suggest there's no counterplay so my main is now officially broken ESPECIALLY with crazy unfair perks like Bamboozle and Enduring/Spirit Fury so I want to make sure I can get looped for 5 gens since I'm clearly supposed to be an entertainer and not a dangerous killer so you tell me what I'm supposed to play. Name me a killer and a build. I bet you someone will still call it unfair if I manage to win.

    Most survivors seem to think they deserve to have a chance to loop the killer forever by using easy-to-use mechanics (pallets/windows) in a 4 v 1 game which is -in my opinion- a completely false expectation.

  • @Talmeer said:

    :) I had know that something like that comes up.

    It's worthless to teach survs on the forums something. Do it in the ingame chat. They are usually a bit more open for it. The survs on the forums are not here to get advice to something. That is just my experience. Prove me wrong^^.

    And yes, I know that is not the nicest posting someone can post, but the reality is not always nice.

    I'm a very ballsy survivor and love chases. It's my favorite part of this game. I risk plays even if NOED is active and try to do saves. I enjoy the risk and it paying off. Not always works and when it doesn't, I usually laugh because I got caught. People take the game too seriously. I learned this game when it was so hard and broken that these new bugs are basically nothing.

    Hell, I've fallen through the map, suctioned back to the basement, force fielded in the basement, stuck inside the hooks, sacrificed on first unhook when Freddy was released. So much stuff that was literally game-breaking and made it impossible to win if caught and I'm thankful for the experience. It taught me to be patient.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1511866#Comment_1511866

    Again, burn the L wall. Survivors can only vault a window 3 times in a chase. It's not hard to force an entity blocker on an L wall if you need to and the T is boozled. Worst comes to worst and they play it perfectly, you have to M1.

    L wall T walls are hardly the point anyway, you can win those with normal M1 mindgames. Bamboozle's mostly for the mindless god windows and saving time at shack.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1511870#Comment_1511870

    You're assuming I'm a survivor main because I like the Hope icon (and Hope as a perk, which is sleeper really, really, really good). I don't care to have this conversation with you. It's brainless.

    I haven't even said 1 single thing about you. You said Bubba has no counter so I asked you a simple question. Your reaction is "reee leave me alone" which goes to show Bubba is just fine. People are just salty that it now takes more skill to loop him (which is STILL VERY possible even if he runs Bamboozle) so yeah. Have a nice day and keep practicing. You'll get there I'm sure.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1511866#Comment_1511866

    Again, burn the L wall. Survivors can only vault a window 3 times in a chase. It's not hard to force an entity blocker on an L wall if you need to and the T is boozled. Worst comes to worst and they play it perfectly, you have to M1.

    L wall T walls are hardly the point anyway, you can win those with normal M1 mindgames. Bamboozle's mostly for the mindless god windows and saving time at shack.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1511870#Comment_1511870

    You're assuming I'm a survivor main because I like the Hope icon (and Hope as a perk, which is sleeper really, really, really good). I don't care to have this conversation with you. It's brainless.

    You can still loop it long enough for the other window to open back up but you loop it to get rid of his chainsaw charges before going to a pallet to break his BL. I use the windows against his chainsaw dash. I never said loop it so he can M1 me. I don't stay at windows long. I usually do 2 loops while looking for a pallet. I cut it short as soon as I'm far enough to reach a pallet safely. Mainly, Windows and long walls help burn up chainsaw ticks.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1511886#Comment_1511886

    It's in your wording, right there.

    Have a nice day and keep practicing.

    Referring to me having troubles looping him. I haven't even faced a Bubba yet, at least, not a decent one. I'm speaking from my personal experience of playing him and basically only him since his rework.

    I really don't care if you want to keep prattling on and replying. I just find you boring and worthy of dismissing.

    You really didn't have to post another "ree" post just because I don't agree with you. I may be boring but at least I'm realistic when it comes to counterplay in a 4 v 1 game.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1511890#Comment_1511890

    If the Bubba's trying to dash with those windows up he's just an idiot.

    I have to clarify that this is just all speculation. As I said in my original post, he might be unstoppable. Against random solos, and if played perfectly. I don't think there's anyone out there playing him perfectly yet. I'm certainly not.

    And we're gonna have to wait for MMR to settle/be reversed before we can start gauging anything anyway.

    I've been seeing a lot of Leatherfaces. They always attempt to chainsaw if they get close. I haven't met a god one but I have met a good one who wrecked my cheeks and left a positive comment on his profile. He played me stupid. It was a thing of beauty. We got 3k'd with 1 real escape. He brought the boom and my ass was the shaka-laka xD it was a good match. I don't see why people think you have to outlast a killer forever.

    2-3 gens from 1 chase is spectacular. You did more than your share of chases. If we still lose, that's on us. We chose to mess up. I'm shocked that you haven't seen more Leatherfaces O.o I see Spirits, Nurses and Leatherfaces mainly now. Leatherfaces more then Nurses then Spirits. Good Nurses and Spirits. Nurses where if you're in the open, you're dead.

    It's great! I do LOS and once I hear, Eeeeeh, I jump into a locker xD it's priceless. I know I'm gonna die but doing my best to survive is really fun to me.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1511901#Comment_1511901

    I don't care if you disagree about the speculation (look at the conversation AVoiceOfReason and I are having), I care more about your attitude and your presumptions. No one asks "so which killer and perks am I allowed to use" without coming into the conversation in bad faith, and without assuming the person in question is a survivor main (which always happens because I use survivor profile pictures more than killers).

    Perhaps that's also presumptuous of me. But I've seen you before, and I've seen the mentality before.

    Why do you keep replying to someone as "boring" as me especially if you don't even care about my thoughts and whether I agree or disagree? That's not rational, is it?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1511917#Comment_1511917

    Well I play on console and everyone still loves Ghostface/Freddy/Doctor and don't want to touch anything that has any resemblance of mechanical skill besides basic mindgames so that's probably part of it. I was seeing a few Oni and Pyramid Head players earlier today (yesterday), though. Good ones too. MMR isn't affecting my opponent matchups when I play survivor, at least. Teammates though...

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1511920#Comment_1511920

    If I was a totally rational person I wouldn't be on the DbD forums in the first place.

    Besides, I'm stubborn and I want to have the final reply. Probably not going to happen though. Almost time for me to sleep.

    I can see why. Console has much lower frames and hitches. Using a killer on a timer that has the screen completely freeze for a second is enough to steer most away from Leatherface. I use to play on console but I'm on PC now. The frames makes the world of a difference as killer. When I speak of Leatherface, I meant on PC.

    He's very good on PC. Clear routes and high frames. Whether with him or against him, it's always fun. I make sure I get a few good slaps in before I die against him lol. It's funny. Most of my friends call me a killer main because I'm efficient at it yet when we play SWFs, if I choose not to run, they die fast lol. When I do run, we never lose unless I do something wrong. Take that as you may.

    I guess my overall point is, I can feel for both sides because I play both sides very well. I also try to be humble as a survivor. I defend camping and tunneling because they're legit strategies and I don't want this game stripped down to just chase, down, hook and leave until you lose.

    One last fun fact about me. I promote a player's choice as killer but I rarely camp or tunnel as killer :) Just because I'm alright with a player's choice doesn't mean I use those tactics all the time. I usually play depending on how the survivors are playing. If they are chill or seem to be new, I fake walk near a hook until they wiggle off. I'll "accidentally" run my chainsaw into a pole that was nowhere near them to give them a chance to get away and then I pretend to not know where they went.

    I think the big problem on the forums is that most people assume who you are, what type of player you are and if you do what they want. It's a really bad thing. Most people probably think I'm a sweaty 4-k'er who tunnels and camps and a survivor who is God. Yet, I'm just a player who enjoys the chase. You give me a good chase, you'll probably get slugged until I'm ready to give you the door.

    I also respect the 4% Unhook. My favorite line is, "If the Entity wants you to live, I have nothing to say in the matter". I play to have fun in skillful matches but that doesn't mean I wreck new players. I give them some moments to feel like badasses and I tell them they did great and was hard to beat at endgame chat. I have a ton of positive comments from survivors and killers alike.

    I don't babysit them. I give them chances to learn how to outplay me and do fake misses to give them the thrill of barely escaping a hit. I herd them into certain scenarios so they learn how to properly loop something by smacking the window "accidentally". Mainly, I play how I want to play. I let other's assume how I play because it's easier than having to suck up to someone. Sorry about my book lol. I have a bad habit of typing too much. I really am enjoying our conversation, though!