An idea for you devs how to motivate newer player to stick and maybe even spend money

Look devs, you are smart people dont you? I will tell you the big truth that WILL open your eyes.

I am working to earn money but I also have money to spend on skins. The problem is why I only bought one skin for survivor and 2 for killer is that I am only buying stuff for geared characters. If I imagine now that I would have not over 800h in the game but only 20h the amount of stuff I would need to unlock first would even more.

I am very interested in the new Feng skin but I will not buy it because I have no time and better use for BPs then using it on a survivor that in the end is like every other (not different powers like different killers).

I would HIGHLY suggest following (and I say this mostly without self-interest because I already have most things unlocked on characters I am interested in):

separate the perks from addons and items And make Perks be shared by all Killers and all Survivors

By doing this the chance is higher that people would play a survivor or killer they did not play before and the chance is higher they would play a new character because of a new fancy skin! Just think about it:

  • its a win for new players - because the amount of stuff to unlock to play with good perks is faster
  • its a win for old players - new players means less waiting time
  • its a win for people who want to unlock all - it would be not so unattractive anymore to prestige the character because you would not lose the perks atleast
  • its a win for people who would love to buy cosmetics for characters they would usually not play
  • its a win for YOU DEVS - because people would buy stuff more!

If I can suggest how to seperate them:

The actual bloodweb stays for limit use stuff like addons, offerings, items.

The perks can eather get their own "Pain Web" (you can call it what you want) or you can just make it like the shrine of secrets 4 slots you pick one entity picks second you pick 3rd and 4th is taken by entity after that 4 perks are generated again. you could even make the price a little higher for the perks it would be still a reliev for all people.

What do you think? Tell me a single reason against it besides "people who spend all BPs before will cry a lot that other have an easier life now".

Comments

  • I only use 2 main survivors to use all of my unlocked perks on. This way i can combine all of my different perks into different builds.

    There's no way i have enough time to do this on other characters (Unless you've been playing this game for years), and I have no reason to use other characters that dont have leveled up perks. (Except very rarely when I do challenges or daily's)

    For these reasons I'm only interested in buying skins for my 2 main characters. They need to make a change or start adding universal skins that can be used on any survivor. Otherwise I have no reason to keep spending money for skins.

  • Devs or Mods please tell me what is against the change I am asking for? I am pretty sure you did think of it before any of us so I just want to understand why its not implemented yet, what is the big counter argument?

  • Because takes less time to complete all the grind the player would complete the grind and just leave the game.

    The way is right now they fish less players but this players get so invested into the game that they spend money in the store and play for 5~6k hours.

    Your ideia is gonna fish more players but because there is less grind they are gonna finish the grind and stop buying or playing.

    Imo focusing on the hardcore players is better because they are willing to spend the most, not the beginners.

  • @Hlidskialf said:

    Because takes less time to complete all the grind the player would complete the grind and just leave the game.

    The way is right now they fish less players but this players get so invested into the game that they spend money in the store and play for 5~6k hours.

    Your ideia is gonna fish more players but because there is less grind they are gonna finish the grind and stop buying or playing.

    Imo focusing on the hardcore players is better because they are willing to spend the most, not the beginners.

    Wrong! There are far more popular games then DBD that have no grind what so ever and their player bases are 10-30 times bigger at any given time of the day (CSGO, LOL, DOTA, Fortnite, Minecraft, etc.). I told you and honestscript did also tell you that we dont buy cosmetics often because we cant use many characters. People in games like Tekken or DOA buy cosmetics for all characters because they can play them at any given time.