A more constructive FNAF discussion
Okay now you're probably already thinking "Uhh another 12 year old making another FNAF post about how Springtrap would be cool for DBD " well yes it is another post about Springtrap but I'm not going to be talking about how he should be in DBD, I'm going to be more talking about how people are against it and the reasons they give. Sure if you don't like FNAF that's fair not everyone is going to like it but the main reason I keep seeing people saying is they don't want it because its a kid's game or its too childish.
Now yes the game is rated 12+ and it looks like a very simple jump scare indie game. But FNAF isn't just that there is a lot of secrets that it withholds that requires you to do a lot more digging than usual. So to make it simple for people who may not understand the animatronics are possessed by the souls of dead children that have had there dead bodies stuffed into the animatronic suits. Now William Afton the main villain in FNAF was behind all of the child murders and was the one who stuffed their dead bodies into the animatronic suits. William Afton achieved this by luring the children into a secret room with a older animatronic suit that could be worn this is whats called a spring lock suit or what people most commonly know it as Spring trap and murdering the children. Eventually William Afton was killed by the spring suit due to a mechanical failure resulting in him being killed in the suit and being trapped in the suit forever.
That's a brief overview of FNAF's story there is a lot more to it but i'd be here for hours typing it. I feel are people calling FNAF childish, basing all their opinions on the core game and not really the backstory or secrets behind it all, I wasn't really into FNAF either until I heard about the backstory of it, that's when I started to become really interested with FNAF and dove more into it to realise how disturbing the franchise is.
Feel free to express your thoughts on the matter but please only constructive criticism.
Comments
Reading the wiki page should be enough, as long as they have a decent, unbiased understanding of the character they're talking about.
Lmao, seeing people get called children for discussing something they want in game just shows how terrible the community is.
Let people want what they want. If you don't think it fits, nice, you are entitled to an opinion. I don't think Candyman or Pennywise would fit, but I won't whine about it if they get added.
Most people who say it's for kids tend to act like children themselves. It's likely going to happen in the future whether people like it or not.
It's just an incredibly boring franchise. Even with all the extra lore and backstories it's just predictable and very clearly just meant to be a cashgrab targeted towards 13yo kids. Nothing about FNAF is innovative or interesting apart from the first game. Plus it would be such an awful joke having legends like PH and Myers sharing a universe with any character from FNAF.
You're literally the one who started being rude in the first place...and just because theres gory details doesn't mean its good horror writing just gore
these topic never go well and the ones saying no sound more like children then the one who want it.
My problem with it is that the people who refuse to even consider it. Its an older franchise than dbd, and has a much larger audience than dbd.
And then demand that Candyman is perfect for the game. Or Pennywise. Or Pinhead. As if there is some quality besides being in a movie that makes them better. But I wouldn't say they shouldn't be allowed. I would question why, but not denounce it so zealously.
Yea I get where your coming from. I'd say that DbD has a slightly larger dedicated audience than FNaF does, but FNaF's reach into the casual market is almost unmatched. Hence why I think it would be a good investment for BHVR.
I really hate seeing games like DbD and Smash Bros have the same 6ish wanted characters thrown around, and then anyone else with an unpopular opinion gets hated on (idk if Springtrap counts as one of these characters for DbD). I've never been a huge movie fanatic, so any time a movie character gets in, 90% of the time it gets a "ehh ok" from me.
When Pyramid Head was added, I was ecstatic just to have video game characters back on the table. Heck, Bill was the character that got me to download DbD. I don't really think there's any potential character that I'd say flatout "No" to. Sure, I have my preferences, and so does everyone else.
But most importantly, I'm willing to listen to what other people have to say. And anyone who's just commenting "No" or "cringe" or anything similar to that, does not seem to be willing to listen.
Someone made a thread about Sonic.exe potentially being a good DbD character, and even though I didn't want it personally (despite actually liking the creepypasta), we were able to have a civil discussion about it and call it there. That's 100% of the reason why these threads spiral out of control; It's because a good chunk of the people are blind to the opposition's arguments. In fact, this is why the DS, NoED, SWF, Spirit threads keep resurfacing. No body agrees on anything, and nothing comes of it; an endless cycle of blind arguments and "whataboutism".
That being said, there are plenty of people who gave the games a fair chance, and admit they're not fans of it, and that's okay. I really hope BHVR can see FNaF in the same way we do, since only when the bias is removed can you see the strong potential for an amazing licensed chapter.