Please, No More Challenges Like This

Any challenge that dependent on the actions of others. I'm trying to get the "let 3 survivors escape before you" challenge finished and there seems to be no end to how your team mates can screw it up for you.

I just had a match on McMillan's. Two survivors and I are left at the end. Both the others get downed. I manage to get one of the gates opened while the Oni is hooking a survivor. That survivor dies. The other survivor, a Cheryl, actually crawled away from the gate while downed and got hooked as far away as possible. I manage to sneak over to the shack where she's hooked (no basement there). I point for her to run to the gate before I unhook her. I ran in front of her and took a hit from the Oni. I didn't see where she went so I made sure to keep him chasing me around a loop to give her time. He eventually downs me. Instead of leaving me slugged he picks me up and hooks me. What do I see when I get hooked? Cheryl, still at the shack, self caring. I think "Ok, no big deal. She'll heal up and come get me since the Oni keeps going to check the gate halfway across the map." But oh no. After getting healed up I notice here walking back and forth in one spot and teabagging every now and then. It hit me at that moment that she never intended to go to the gate. She wasn't going to try to return the favor. She found hatch and wanted me to give up so she could get it.... So I decided to keep struggling and get the rest of my points because that's all that's left for me. As a consolation, I guess you could call it, the egc timer ran out before the entity finished devouring my soul and it claimed the Cheryl as well before the hatch opened. The ensuing endgame messages I received were full of all the salt you'd expect.

So please BHVR, no more challenges like this one.

Comments

  • If it's the challenge I'm thinking of, it's not even required in a single match. It's just three total.

    Just... stealth around at the end and let everyone else escape. If you play the game totally normally it'll just happen. It's really not that hard.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Xbob42 said:

    If it's the challenge I'm thinking of, it's not even required in a single match. It's just three total.

    Just... stealth around at the end and let everyone else escape. If you play the game totally normally it'll just happen. It's really not that hard.

    I know it's not in a single match. Just tired of getting matched with sirvivors that won't leave a match.

  • @Xbob42 said:

    If it's the challenge I'm thinking of, it's not even required in a single match. It's just three total.

    Just... stealth around at the end and let everyone else escape. If you play the game totally normally it'll just happen. It's really not that hard.

    @Exxodus21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1499540#Comment_1499540

    I know it's not in a single match. Just tired of getting matched with sirvivors that won't leave a match.

    People are really blowing this one out of proportion. Like he said just play the game, you’ll get it in afew games assuming you’re team can do gens even if someone plays chicken with you to leave you should still get 1-2 each game.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1499540#Comment_1499540

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1499554#Comment_1499554

    People are really blowing this one out of proportion. Like he said just play the game, you’ll get it in afew games assuming you’re team can do gens even if someone plays chicken with you to leave you should still get 1-2 each game.

    Well that was my 9th'ish game and so far I've been able to get 2 people out before me. It may be a solo que issue. Just getting with a team that plays well or at least attempts to do gens is hard enough. Then you have to get them escape instead of hook bombing and winding up as a sacrifice. IDK, I guess it just feels too grindy in a way with too much of the "challenge" being out of the player's control.

  • I did it in two matches. It will happen. Both were against leather face.