Killer DC = DC for all?

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this is an actual bug or if I'm misunderstanding something, but I just got out of a game where the killer DC'd. I clicked through, a little bummed out, but I still got some BP so whatever. Then I saw that I had a 5 minute matchmaking ban.

Is a killer DC supposed to do that? I thought the game moved away from killer-hosted games, but maybe I'm misremembering. I didn't think at the time to take a screenshot, since I didn't suspect anything was amiss, but I still received BP and the killer had the DC symbol next to their name so I don't think it was me?

Anyone know what may have happened? I know 5 minutes isn't that big of a deal, but if it happens more than once and the penalties are successive, well, you can see my concern.


Thanks!

Comments

  • You might have lost connection, not the killer DCing? Could explain it, a mix of both worlds.

  • @Pawcelot said:

    You might have lost connection, not the killer DCing? Could explain it, a mix of both worlds.

    Would it show the killer with a DC symbol if that happened?

  • @Skulldugged said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1498656#Comment_1498656

    Would it show the killer with a DC symbol if that happened?

    Sometimes yes, sometimes no

  • There is a bug thanks to the last patch that breaks the match, you will get disconnected despite not doing anything, you will get your BP and everything including items, but will get a Dc penalty. Its not the killer that Dced either, its really just the game breaking. This happened to me more than 4 times in the last 2 days, everytime playing as killer or survivor the game will end, will give me everything, bp, pips, items, addons, etc, and a Dc penalty despite not quiting the game.