Stalking Nerf

So here is what I find unfair and ridiculous. So the hillbilly chainsaw uncharged when you stop and so does Cannibal. But how is it fair the the Shape can stalk a little, walk across the map, stalk a little more and 99 it so he can charge in and last second expose us? That needs to get nerfed. I play both killer and survivor and I've played the Shape and I find it to be a totally unfair tactic. Stuff like that makes the game unfair. It should uncharged either after a specific time or as soon as he stops stalking.

Comments

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1500244#Comment_1500244

    What do you want then?

    Line of Sight where you can see Myers from across the map or Protection by walls against stalking while in chase.

    You can't get both.

    I still don't get it what is so bad about 99ing stalk. You only say basically that he can't punish you for the mistakes of others. What if I say that every killer has this tool from a certain point of view? A weak link hurts the whole team. Whether it is Oni or Myers, but also Freddy.

    When I play my Deam Master I can punish the whole group after a quick chase with the weak link to use pop on their Gen. I capitalized on the mistakes of one to get the group.

    Myers is no different. If you have no eyes like Demogorgon or your eyes hidden behind a giant Pyramid so you get stalked easily this is your problem or that of your team. Not that of the Killer's design.

    And from what I can tell of the map and what happened to you, I dare say you THOUGHT you lost him (Maybe he had Monitor and Abuse) then ran to the Gen and leading him directly there. Crotus prenn is also very open except the main building and some jungle Gyms. He probably stalked you from distance (also GF can do this).

    Open maps like most Auto Heaven, Crotus prenn, most MacMillan or Saloon are more difficult against Myers since you can't easily break LOS depending on your location. Lèry's is easiest against Myers. Many walls and windows I can use and break LOS and starving him.

    Only out of curiosity. You said you play since 2017. How many hours do you have?

    About 1500 hours on ps4, and 345 on switch.


    And you completely missed what I said just like everybody else. Let me play this out for you so you can understand. But I wont hold my breath.


    I'm working on a generator with good visual in Crotus Prenn with the cathedral.

    You with me?


    Myers comes at us. And we scatter. He chases one of us staying right up our buts.


    Hope I havent lost you.


    He periodically presses the power button while in chase, building up his stalk. Running around trying to get away from killer. Hiding and being found due to scratch marks and again, his nose so far up your butt he could smell what you had for dinner last week.


    Keep up now.


    Then finally he disappears after a generator is done. So we make our way to another generator. Me and another player. Unfortunately its 1 surrounded with walls so no visual except ou a small window with no real visual except in that direct direction.


    Here's the tricky part it seems since nobody listens.


    Myers bursts into this walled area from 1 of 2 directions with no possible visual at all, and instantly puts us in exposed. All he had to do was lightly tap the button.


    You with me?


    He downs the player with me then precedes to chase me. Nose so far up my rear I can taste his breath. I loop and he chases me. I jump through a window and he downs me just before expose wears off and he carrys me to a hook.


    He did this 3 times to my team. Now granted my party members and I died at 1 gen left. But stalk is too bs with the ability to stock it up like that. It makes the game unfair

  • @Kisagi1990 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1501383#Comment_1501383

    About 1500 hours on ps4, and 345 on switch.

    And you completely missed what I said just like everybody else. Let me play this out for you so you can understand. But I wont hold my breath.

    I'm working on a generator with good visual in Crotus Prenn with the cathedral.

    You with me?

    Myers comes at us. And we scatter. He chases one of us staying right up our buts.

    Hope I havent lost you.

    He periodically presses the power button while in chase, building up his stalk. Running around trying to get away from killer. Hiding and being found due to scratch marks and again, his nose so far up your butt he could smell what you had for dinner last week.

    Keep up now.

    Then finally he disappears after a generator is done. So we make our way to another generator. Me and another player. Unfortunately its 1 surrounded with walls so no visual except ou a small window with no real visual except in that direct direction.

    Here's the tricky part it seems since nobody listens.

    Myers bursts into this walled area from 1 of 2 directions with no possible visual at all, and instantly puts us in exposed. All he had to do was lightly tap the button.

    You with me?

    He downs the player with me then precedes to chase me. Nose so far up my rear I can taste his breath. I loop and he chases me. I jump through a window and he downs me just before expose wears off and he carrys me to a hook.

    He did this 3 times to my team. Now granted my party members and I died at 1 gen left. But stalk is too bs with the ability to stock it up like that. It makes the game unfair

    And I only see a normal Myers strategy here. Stalk when possible, crash parties and then slug to get a 2nd or a 3rd person. Oni can do the EXACT SAME THING, but somehow you just see Myers here.

    Did he have Discordance maybe? And monitor? Looks like it.

    Just don't group up. Same with Oni. Use Spine Chill. I mean it. How can it be that I don't have any problems with Myers since I started to use this perk 1.5 years ago?


    Just accept that there are power burst killers like Myers or Oni. And that they get their strength through mistakes of others. Deal with it.

    I don't want to be rude, but after the whole conversation we had, I have the feeling that you constantly ignore my points. At least I try to understand where your point of view comes from.

    Maybe it is just a different understanding of fairness we both have. For me Myers is fair. For you not. I think we let it end here because I think this would not lead anywhere productive.

    Have a nice day.

  • @Kisagi1990 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1501383#Comment_1501383

    About 1500 hours on ps4, and 345 on switch.

    And you completely missed what I said just like everybody else. Let me play this out for you so you can understand. But I wont hold my breath.

    I'm working on a generator with good visual in Crotus Prenn with the cathedral.

    You with me?

    Myers comes at us. And we scatter. He chases one of us staying right up our buts.

    Hope I havent lost you.

    He periodically presses the power button while in chase, building up his stalk. Running around trying to get away from killer. Hiding and being found due to scratch marks and again, his nose so far up your butt he could smell what you had for dinner last week.

    Keep up now.

    Then finally he disappears after a generator is done. So we make our way to another generator. Me and another player. Unfortunately its 1 surrounded with walls so no visual except ou a small window with no real visual except in that direct direction.

    Here's the tricky part it seems since nobody listens.

    Myers bursts into this walled area from 1 of 2 directions with no possible visual at all, and instantly puts us in exposed. All he had to do was lightly tap the button.

    You with me?

    He downs the player with me then precedes to chase me. Nose so far up my rear I can taste his breath. I loop and he chases me. I jump through a window and he downs me just before expose wears off and he carrys me to a hook.

    He did this 3 times to my team. Now granted my party members and I died at 1 gen left. But stalk is too bs with the ability to stock it up like that. It makes the game unfair

    We're with you, we are still saying it's a YOU problem. We could get the gist of what's being said then still disagree. I play both GF and Michael, the latter mostly and against them then still don't see an issue.

1 2 ›