Should the Archives get more cosmetics surrounding the current characters?

This is something I've wondered for a while, I understand that other characters need to be catered to, but why does the rift usually only give 1 outfit for each character being elaborated on for the tome?

I just find it weird how The Doctor is getting more cosmetics than Ace this rift, even though The Doctor is not one of the characters in this tome of the archives. I am grateful that there are skins, it just seems a bit surprising that the focused characters aren't getting the most cosmetics in some cases.

People who pay attention to the rift, what do y'all think?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Yes, I agree. I understand it could be a while before we get a tome for certain characters, but I do feel that there should be more cosmetics for the characters who are actually IN the current tome.

  • I do like that this something-every-few-months doesn't exclude every character but the ones that it's about.

    But yeah, i like the idea that their spotlight grants them a lil bit more.

  • I'd be fine with giving greater emphasis to the relevant characters, though I think I understand why it is not the case.

    If the cosmetics were mostly exclusive to the 4 characters in the current Rift, players who aren't fond of or interested in those characters would probably be more likely to just pass on the content and wait for the next one. The character variety probably keeps the art team from going insane designing something like 5 new tracksuits for Meg, while also generating interest for players who prefer other characters with cosmetics tucked within the Rift. For example, if you weren't interested in the new outfits for Wraith/Hag/Meg/Ace, but really wanted David's sailor outfit, you might be incentivized to grind through the Rift anyway.

    Plus most of the cosmetics are just re-colored versions of existing cosmetics, likely to save time so that enough cosmetics/charms can be loaded into both sides of the Rift before it's released. If they made more brand-new or relatively unique cosmetics, then it would be a lot harder to make all of the content necessary for it. Though I personally wouldn't mind if the variety of re-colored charms were ditched and the Rift maxed out at Tier 50 instead of 70.

  • @APoipleTurtle said:

    I'd be fine with giving greater emphasis to the relevant characters, though I think I understand why it is not the case.

    If the cosmetics were mostly exclusive to the 4 characters in the current Rift, players who aren't fond of or interested in those characters would probably be more likely to just pass on the content and wait for the next one. The character variety probably keeps the art team from going insane designing something like 5 new tracksuits for Meg, while also generating interest for players who prefer other characters with cosmetics tucked within the Rift. For example, if you weren't interested in the new outfits for Wraith/Hag/Meg/Ace, but really wanted David's sailor outfit, you might be incentivized to grind through the Rift anyway.

    Plus most of the cosmetics are just re-colored versions of existing cosmetics, likely to save time so that enough cosmetics/charms can be loaded into both sides of the Rift before it's released. If they made more brand-new or relatively unique cosmetics, then it would be a lot harder to make all of the content necessary for it. Though I personally wouldn't mind if the variety of re-colored charms were ditched and the Rift maxed out at Tier 50 instead of 70.

    Yes this is true. I understand that, wanting to make it inclusive. I'm sure it wouldn't be too harmful to even make a few new reskins for the focused characters tho? Lowkey I think that the free track should include the main character's new outfits that are relevant to their stories and that the paid track should have reskins, other new pieces, etc. I think that would be good. Free track is so pathetic right now but I guess that's the idea.

  • Yeah, I think making the Rift-centric characters all part of the Free Track would be a neat idea.

    Though that might also be less effective at incentivizing players to buy the Premium Track, which was likely one of the primary goals of this "battle pass" system in the first place.

  • @APoipleTurtle said:

    Yeah, I think making the Rift-centric characters all part of the Free Track would be a neat idea.

    Though that might also be less effective at incentivizing players to buy the Premium Track, which was likely one of the primary goals of this "battle pass" system in the first place.

    Yeah that's fair, business is business. Maybe make the body pieces all free, then the head piece on the premium track. I feel like having part of the outfit but not the whole thing would be a great incentive to buy the rift pass.