Game Optimization

Devs when will you optimize your game?

past few months, game was fine.. and now game is so laggy and unplayable.

indoor maps are literally unplayable, fps keep dropping...


any reply from devs will be appreciated!

Comments

  • Just wondering, console or PC?

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Just wondering, console or PC?

    PC

  • You know, I've been having the same issues with game performance, but it seems few people are on PC. My best guess is that the update broke one of my drivers.

  • I was getting 100 FPS prior to the patch on PC. Still bad performance based on my PC and how simplistic this game is from a tech standpoint and how limited the scope is, but fine enough. Now it's not just lower, it's also stuttery and weird now. Jumping between 60-100 with no rhyme or reason, makes skillchecks super annoying because I never know what FPS I'm gonna get when one pops up.

    I'm sure it's still light years ahead of where I hear console performance is, but it's a massive reduction in performance for no apparent reason. With a game this basic looking and small, with such a tiny player count, I'd expect to be getting like 200 FPS easy without a hitch. That I'm dealing with hitching and stuttering and framerate fluctuations blows my mind. What is going on in the background of this game to make the performance so bad to its relative graphical quality and scope?

    For this kind of performance hit I'd expect the dark mist, for example, to be fully volumetric and interact-table by all survivors and the killer, with it swirling and reacting to real-time lighting and really obscuring things. Instead the mist is a bunch of flat 2D textures sliding around like a PS2 game and yet the performance says otherwise.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1486210#Comment_1486210

    You know, I've been having the same issues with game performance, but it seems few people are on PC. My best guess is that the update broke one of my drivers.


    Drivers are fine, as i said, everything was fine before, this is happening just after the new update.. as many people have the same issue of fps drops and shuttering

  • The new update has impacted performance on console considerably. The FPS is so low and constant stutters :(.

  • @Ryuzaki said:

    The new update has impacted performance on console considerably. The FPS is so low and constant stutters :(.

    Good thing they have a big graphical update coming soon. Bound to make things even worse.

    Optimizations and bug fixes have never been a priority.

  • @Pawcelot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1486251#Comment_1486251

    Good thing they have a big graphical update coming soon. Bound to make things even worse.

    Optimizations and bug fixes have never been a priority.


    just make skins and focus on money, yes

    nerf killers which dont need

    bring new auras as well, which was not needed

  • Ps4 have a poor performance too, terrible fps, buggy, in terms of quality, the game have a huge and drasticly letdown in the last patches.

  • @CrossMode said:

    Ps4 have a poor performance too, terrible fps, buggy, in terms of quality, the game have a huge and drasticly letdown in the last patches.

    thats BHVR for you

  • I don't experience performance issues in custom game only on live... Strange.

  • Since the day BHVR promised performance optimizations (up to 60 fps on consoles lmao) it only got worse and worse. They simply don't care because of, you know, skins.