High rank killer experience

Playing killer at red ranks is very stressful. I play as pyramid head with no add-ons at rank 3 and it's so hard to pip. I go against atleast a single rank 1 almost every game and the games are incredibly difficult. I do manage to get 2 kills somehow but it's always a brutal killer. I think even if you are a rank 1 killer you pretty much go against the same level survivors I go against.

Another thing I've noticed is I manage to pip a few games by killing a survivor (not tunneling) even before I hook every survivor atleast once. I believe it's a 3Hook/2H/1H/0H and it made it wonder, is that how everyone plays killer? It seems impractical to 2H everyone before you kill them.

I know it's a different story if I play huntress/spirit/nurse (which I can play but don't want to). I've reached rank 1 by playing just Freddy. Also I don't slug all that much unless I'm certain the survivor is not tormented and has DS.

Also, to people who haven't played at higher ranks as killer: It's a massive massive difference going against 2 purple and 2 reds and all red rank survivors.

Comments

  • "It seems impractical to 2H everyone before you kill them."

    Because it is impractical.

    Against good survivors you literally do not have the time to play that way.

    When you are playing against good survivors, unless you are playing one of the few top tier killers you will have to do some variation of slugging, camping, or tunneling to an extent if you want to win. Those are just facts.

    If you won without doing any of that whatsoever they played very poorly.

  • @Blueberry said:

    "It seems impractical to 2H everyone before you kill them."

    Because it is impractical.

    Against good survivors you literally do not have the time to play that way.

    When you are playing against good survivors, unless you are playing one of the few top tier killers you will have to do some variation of slugging, camping, or tunneling to an extent if you want to win. Those are just facts.

    If you won without doing any of that whatsoever they played very poorly.

    No, "you just have to learn how to shut down loops and apply gen pressure properly."

    There, now that I did write that nonsense, nobody else has to.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1477170#Comment_1477170

    No, "you just have to learn how to shut down loops and apply gen pressure properly."

    There, now that I did write that nonsense, nobody else has to.

    Applying gen pressure, aka slugging. Like I said.

  • No, no, no. Totally wrong. Gen pressure is when you abandon a chase and let the (already hurt) survivor escape, in favor of going to a gen where a healthy survivor works. Then you scare the healthy survivor off of that gen and kick the gen. Afterwards, you look around to see whether there is still a surv around who you can chase. Gen progress successfully denied!


    I'm joking. Please don't try this at home.

  • Some killers pip more easily than others, despite the number of kills. The emblems are also severely flawed in other aspects. In the end, you should disregard pips. The system is getting bypassed except for staying there for 'bragging rights" (devs' words) because it doesn't capture skills well (dev's words again).

    The game balance is expected to be at 2 kills/2 escapes. So, by definition that's the tie condition. Work from there. 3+ kills is a win. 0-1 a loss. You're not obliged to 3-hook everybody. You're also not obliged to 4k to win. The game is not being balanced with a 4k as the sole win condition. So, don't use it as a parameter, despite what content creators say, including fog whisperers, which I find questionable. Otherwise, you'll set your expectations overly high.