Deathgarden DLC?
Just curious, would you guys like to see a Deathgarden DLC? It's something I long for as I LOVED Deathgarden: Bloodharvest. But it also raises some questions IMO.
- Would it be "licensed" or can it be bought with shards?
- Would this be easy to implement since it is by the same company/studio/idk what it's called?
- What would you guys like to see from Deathgarden the most?
I would love to see a DG:BH chapter esp bc I feel like it could take a slight load off the team and be easier to implement, offering some time to teams that may need it to focus on other changes.
(If it's licensed, maybe it could be one of the upcoming chapters?)
Comments
I doubt it would be licensed considering the licence holders are behaviour.
It will be kind of weird for them to be like hey guys we had to get the licensing from ourselves
I'd like it, but it probably isn't most peoples first option.
Didn't the game have terminator in it? Or am I wrong?
They just need to make outfits for Deathslinger and some of the survivors and we basically already have it
I'm not sure how a killer from that game would work but i'd be really interested in a Deathgarden chapter. At the very least some cosmetics from DG would be cool to have.
Yeah other masks version for some survivors and I suppose some cosmetics could work on our killers.
Too bad this game didn't worked, I've heard it was due to balance issues.
Yeah, which is why I want something to pay homage to it in DBD tbh
They did. Which is a really encouragingly interesting thought, it means that they've worked with the license holders for the Terminator Franchise in the past. Personally I'd love to see a shape shifting T-1000 with those Knife arms as a killer in DBD (but if they ever worked out shape-shifting as a secondary killer power I'd rather that go towards a The Thing chapter, with MacReady as a survivor and the arctic research base as a map, so I'm kinda conflicted).
Not sure if it would work because DeathGarden was always meant to be BHVR taking the concept of Dead By Daylight into a new direction. It's completely different in tone, atmosphere, and gameplay. Back when it was still alive I also immensely appreciated the game and really enjoyed it with the time we had with it, sad it's gone but it's been buried a long time now, and I don't see the need to revive it in any way. I wouldn't be opposed to a deathgarden chapter but the whole shtick was that the hunter's hunted you down with actual guns and a lot of tools which wouldn't work in Dead By Daylight.
The other abilities the Hunter's had access to beyond their firepower are mechanics DBD has in some of its killers already. The Fade Ability is just cloaking for Wraith, and Supercharge in retrospect sounds and felt a lot like The Oni's Demon Dash (minus the jumping). Other abilities like Shock and the Short Ranged scan don't even need to be considered, as they would clearly be game-breaking for Dead By Daylight.
I think a survivor paragraph chapter might work featuring one of the Runners from Deathgarden, he comes equipped with his vambrace but it's broken and no longer functional. Instead he has 3 teachables which might be reminiscent of something similar to a toned down version of the Vambrace power or perks they previously had access to. The Runners could also easily be given legendary skins to look like any of the 6 characters in Deathgarden, maybe even get some of the cosmetics that existed in the shop.
I'd certainly be interested in one, since I really enjoyed my time with Deathgarden, but I see no way it could work and be balanced. The Hunters were ridiculously powerful.
Tomás Guerra, the Inquisitor, had Turrets he could place. This would either lead to him being ridiculously overpowered or require way too much maintenance on the Killer's part to keep placing them down. And he had an assault rifle on top of that.
Declan Krefft, the Poacher, had proximity mines and a light machine gun. The gun could be designed similar to Plague's Corrupt Purge, but it would need to be WAY weaker to make up for always having it. And the mines would be way too powerful.
Eve Barnes, the Stalker, had a sniper rifle and a cloaking ability similar to Wraith. The latter would be too similar to an existing Killer and how do you balance a Killer with the precision of Deathslinger with the range of Huntress?
Leila Boudet, the Veteran, had a grenade launcher and an orbital strike that rained death from above. MAYBE these could be long range, area of effect hits that have a cooldown and/or need to be reloaded, but it would be so hard to balance.
You simply can't balance these powers in a game like Dead by Daylight.
Maybe as a paragraph with one of the Scavengers (I think Aria Vaughn/Sawbones would work best, given her character), but I'd much rather have chapters over paragraphs.