can someone explain to me why they called it a buff to bubba

yes they buff the distance he can reach.

but they nerf the time you need to charge your ability by makeing his add on totally useless

in my experience for playing bubba

you can only use your M2 when you right behind the survivor.

so in my opinion I don't really care about the distance I could reach because I usually could hit the survivor In first 2 swing if I could hit them.

in other hand

the time you need for charging decide the survivor can jump over a window/pallet or not.

so can someone explain me why the change to bubba is a buff?

like how the buff about distance make bubba do something he can't do before?

Comments

  • Because they have improved speed when LF is using his chainsaw, but still a weak killer. Windows is still a problem for him and you still need to be very close to the survivor to use the chainsaw efficiently.

  • @ Antares2332 said:

    Because they have improved speed when LF is using his chainsaw, but still a weak killer. Windows is still a problem for him and you still need to be very close to the survivor to use the chainsaw efficiently.

    Actually with the increased speed and the 3 charges, leading to a 6 second long dash, he can be very lethal at some loops. It's like a Pig ambush but one-shot. This is without a doubt a buff.

    Also OP, it's a buff because he got stronger. If that makes him a top tier killer or not doesn't matter; Bubba got stronger and so it's a buff.

  • @bgbomb said:

    yes they buff the distance he can reach.

    but they nerf the time you need to charge your ability by makeing his add on totally useless

    in my experience for playing bubba

    you can only use your M2 when you right behind the survivor.

    so in my opinion I don't really care about the distance I could reach because I usually could hit the survivor In first 2 swing if I could hit them.

    in other hand

    the time you need for charging decide the survivor can jump over a window/pallet or not.

    so can someone explain me why the change to bubba is a buff?

    like how the buff about distance make bubba do something he can't do before?

    Its a buff. Hes not top tier, but getting a buff is making him stronger. The devs still prove that they dont know how to make addons, but overall, Im very happy with the changes.

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/173955/can-someone-explain-to-me-why-they-called-it-a-buff-to-bubba

    Its a buff. Hes not top tier, but getting a buff is making him stronger. The devs still prove that they dont know how to make addons, but overall, Im very happy with the changes.

    I mean buff the distance which we don't care at all but nerf add-on which we care is more like a nerf for me.

  • @bgbomb said:

    yes they buff the distance he can reach.

    but they nerf the time you need to charge your ability by makeing his add on totally useless

    in my experience for playing bubba

    you can only use your M2 when you right behind the survivor.

    so in my opinion I don't really care about the distance I could reach because I usually could hit the survivor In first 2 swing if I could hit them.

    in other hand

    the time you need for charging decide the survivor can jump over a window/pallet or not.

    so can someone explain me why the change to bubba is a buff?

    like how the buff about distance make bubba do something he can't do before?

    You mean removing the charge add ons? Yes, that can count as a nerf.

    But if you have played the PTB you no longer need to be breathing down the survivor's neck to down them with the chainsaw. That's why giving extra distance was a great buff for Bubba, you can start charging from farther away and still be able to catch a survivor before they make it around a loop or to a pallet or window.

  • @bgbomb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1465481#Comment_1465481

    I mean buff the distance which we don't care at all but nerf add-on which we care is more like a nerf for me.

    Look at it this way, you really should care about the extra distance because that means you can start charging farther away from a survivor and still be able to catch them, that's why it is a buff. Sure they removed the addon's but now the chainsaw is more dangerous and can also be used at pallet loops, you no longer NEED to be breathing down the survivor's neck to down them.

  • balancing around instasaw's is bad game design

    if all possible bubba builds have a long enough charge time, you can properly balance him without having to take into account those few addons where you just walk right behind someone and if they dont escape fast enough they're doomed

  • sounds like they made him harder to use tho buff or not.