regarding new match making plans. i hope Controller and Keyboard+Mouse is taken into consideration.

regarding future plans for cross play if controller users are not separated from keyboard and mouse users for match making reasons PC will get an incredibly higher skill ceiling just due to better controls, likewise those who use controllers on PC are still handicapped compared tho those who can K&M, yes i know they could just "git gud" and adapt to a K&M but some people cannot use that combo for gaming long term without severe pain,

and im pretty sure the devs dont want that issue coming along especially if PC users start stomping console users due to the insane 360 responses, flick reaction flashlight aim, instant turn rates as killer etc.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    lol, have you played on controller before? You can do a 360 just as easy as K&M. Flick and hold the right stick and spin the left stick. Actually, I'll tell you the truth about the whole thing because I play on PC and Xbox and I find it way easier to do spins on a controller because you don't need a rhythm to spin on a controller. You can literally just spam, oh and another thing if you're a controller player and if a Survivor is spinning just back up on the left stick and they'll run into you. Its not hard to counter K&M because again this isn't a precision game and the game itself has its own auto aim. Don't believe me? Lunge and don't let go of M1 and your camera will chase the Survivor. I think it'll be fine, if I can do it, anyone else can.

    Huntress and Deathslinger are going to be a surprise for consoles players but thats okay because they'll be a Survivor not a Killer.

    i play using both, the thing isn't so much about "how ez it is" but the fact its just far easier to do so on a K&M over a controller, theres a reason shooter games with any matchmaking sense separate controllers from K&M unless they specifically allow themselves to mis-match with others because it causes a severe difference in impact.

    a good nurse or huntress on a K&M is still far stronger than a good spirit on a controller because they'll have much stronger control, and i dont mean sensitivity settings i mean actual control over their aim from the mouse alone.

  • which shooter games specifically separate kb&m users from controller users? cause none I know do.

  • @faff said:

    which shooter games specifically separate kb&m users from controller users? cause none I know do.

    fortnite, overwatch was debating on it last i played it, i believe player unknown has this built in, theres some but not as many as i admit should be.

    hell overwatch has separate brackets for console users and K&M in competitive play.

  • You can disable cross-play at any time

  • I play regularly on PC with a controller. I think I hold my own fine as both survivor and most killers. Killer it's a bit more difficult when precise aim is needed.

  • @Dsalter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1465270#Comment_1465270

    fortnite, overwatch was debating on it last i played it, i believe player unknown has this built in, theres some but not as many as i admit should be.

    hell overwatch has separate brackets for console users and K&M in competitive play.

    interesting, so crossplay for pc is only for PC players who use controller then? usually shooters compensate controller users with aim assist that can be varying levels of effective.

  • @Dsalter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1465270#Comment_1465270

    fortnite, overwatch was debating on it last i played it, i believe player unknown has this built in, theres some but not as many as i admit should be.

    hell overwatch has separate brackets for console users and K&M in competitive play.

    Overwatch 2 plans to segment and Destiny 2 said they are considering segmenting K&M and controller users when they finally launch cross-play.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1465284#Comment_1465284

    Overwatch 2 plans to segment and Destiny 2 said they are considering segmenting K&M and controller users when they finally launch cross-play.

    thanks for the specifics, couldn't quite find the exact info on it

  • @Dsalter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1465309#Comment_1465309

    thanks for the specifics, couldn't quite find the exact info on it

    I find using K&M so much easier so I understand the concerns raised. Np glad to add to your insight.

  • TBH I could care less. My aim with Huntress and a controller is really solid. I play a lot of shooters I'm used to it.

    My issue is more with frame rate. PC players can play at 60 FPS and higher while PS/Xbox is limited to barely a stable 30. The bar needs to be 60 FPS on all platforms before I will enable crossplay.

  • In DBD, the difference between K&M and controller is not very much. This isn't a shooter game where you have a HEAVY advantage with a K&M.

    On DBD, I'm more worried about optimization. Consoles have been promised optimization for two years and have never gotten it.