My idea for dying light.
Ok, we all know that dying light is a gen slowdown perk, but it's kinda useless. Every time you hook someone other than the obsession, you gain a stack, which slows gens, but it doesn't help early game.
What if we reversed it? Start the game with say 25% slower repair speeds, and every time you hook someone, that drops by 5%. It would give killers more time in the early game, and survivors wouldnt be suffering from 20% slowdown in a 3 gen. It would add 16 second to a solo gen if the killer decided to one hook camp, so you would still have plenty of time to rush.
What do you think?
Comments
I'd run that and just slug everyone. It also doesn't quite thematically fit the name of the perk. The whole point is you're building dread by slowly killing their hope. Personally I think the obsession dying shouldn't deactivate the penalty you've built up. It should just keep you from gaining more stacks akin to STBFL.
I actually wouldn't mind that.
That said, the main issue with DL is its downside of buffing the obsession which is completely unnecessary. Just move that negative and it looks a lot better.
well, that would kinda be a camping buff, but dont get me wrong, the idea is really good, but it doesn't fit the perk lore
You could slug now with colourophobia and be more effective. I don't care about the lore, I care about functionality.
It would be a slight camping buff, but I don't know that many killers that enjoy camping, they do it as a last resort. Again, don't care about the lore, they've changed perks entirely, see ruin.
It is not useless, but your idea is good.
The stacks shouldnt stay after obsession is dead tho, because that would encourage to tunnel the obsession to keep stacks, and 20% or more slowdown would make it become a new meta. Less than 15% would be weak.
I absolutely agree. It would function the same as it does now, obsession gets the boost and you lose the stacks when the obsession dies.
Uhhh. What does Coulrophobia have to do with anything? It's not about keeping people slugged, it's about keeping the 25% regression penalty.
How about aiming to keep it thematic and functional?