How Mandatory Is A Slowdown Perk For Killers?
Saw the usual "genrush" comments & discussions pass by, and i thought it'd be a good idea to ask.
The short version: How mandatory is it to equip one or multiple slowdown Perk(s) on your Killer?
The long(er) version: It happens quite regularly on here for people to share how fast matches can go.
So i'd like for you to imagine your favorite Killer to play as, and then tell us if you use slowdown Perks, how many you use if any, and tell us which those are if any.
Also, if you don't use them on your favorite Killer, please do tell us why.
Older players might remember how good Brutal Strength was back in the day on Killers who weren't Nurse.
While it wasn't mandatory, it was unusual to see a Killer not use it due to the sheer time you scrape from breaking Pallets.
If you currently feel that way about a slowdown Perk, that's when you should mention it here.

Comments
On Michael who is my favorite killer, I tend to only run Pop as my slow down perk. But if I'm memeing, I don't really need it if I'm using certain add-ons.
Actually almost every killer I play I use pop on. It's not entirely needed except maybe on Legion. But it's a perk that I feel rewards me for playing well.
On Demogorgon, I actually run Ruin, and Pop. Kind of a weird combo since they don't synergize with each other. But, I find I chase people off gens fairly often with Demo, especially with his portals leading me towards gens. When Ruin eventually does disappear, I have pop as back up.
There are chase builds I run sometimes, that is like, Spirit Fury, Enduring, Bamboozle, and Brutal Strength. It's actually really fun using. However...the blood point loss from not having BBQ kind of hurts, and I tend to get a bit more tunnel vision than normal using it. And not having one of them for BBQ kind of makes it feel incomplete to me.
Resident Doctor Main here,
I like to use Overcharge mixed with Thrilling Tremors to give me some extra map pressure. It usually gives me at least a single kill. Sincerely,
Resident Doctor Main
Another one i don't hear often, neato.
As much mandatory as getting 4k.
It really depends on the killer, but every killer needs some way to slow down the gens. Even my best killer, Legion, needs Pop to even have a good chance, and even then, needs a lot of practice and strategy to even get a snowball going.