Can we buff solo survivors or nerf swf already?

I know it's pretty popular to pretend killer is the most frustrating role to play, but solo survivor is 100% the worst... it seems the devs balance the game solely on swf matches anymore. Killers absolutely demolish random players yet still have the potential to be bullied by 4 man swfs.


So, why not remove a perk for every friend you have in a match? (2 players = 1 less perk each, 3 = 2, and 4 = 3 less) or just give solo survivors more information to work with and keep balancing around swf?

Comments

  • "The game will die"

  • solo survivors they already have a lot of information. they can see survivors hooked, hanging and they can know when the killer comes with terror radius

  • @ Antares2332 said:

    solo survivors they already have a lot of information. they can see survivors hooked, hanging and they can know when the killer comes with terror radius

    Yeah, that information was good enough back when bbq was the most threatening perk a killer had at their disposal. Not so much now.


    But yes, the point remains that swf and solo need to be treated differently on some way.

  • It’s obvious

    lf you don’t enjoy the game as solo, get three of your friends to buy it to play with.

    thats the goal of this greedy development team

  • They can start by removing Object of Obsession. (Gonna keep saying it)

    I think introducing an actual penalty for swf might hurt the game too much, so I wouldn't do that.

    A lot of people seem to think that if they added an indicator in the lobby for SWF groups, the game would die, but I don't think killers realize that just about every game contains, at the very least, a two or three-man. Dodging lobbies would be an unrealistic venture except for the odd 4-man (because those are rare *riiiight?*)

    If I knew ahead of time that I might be in for a more difficult game, I could prepare ahead of time and switch to a proper build on a good killer if they looked experienced. I suppose they could also add a small queue cooldown to discourage dodging if it does become a problem. But, if you really don't feel like dealing with a 4-man, you still have the option to take the penalty and a small time-out.

    Honestly though, I don't have a lot of other ideas to bring solo and swf in line without breaking the base game, except making kindred basekit, but that seems like overkill...

  • no thats huge nerf for swf

  • Same perk pool for all players in an SWF group would be a reasonable change imo. No more stacking 4x4 second chance perks with coordination.

    I personally would also go as far as limiting the amount of same item type. We all hate the combinations of 4 styptics/syringes, 4 BNPs, 4 sabo boxes, 2 BNPs with a map and a key etc.

    Simple solo buff would be showing other survivor's perks and equipped items at the lobby. And each solo survivor could have one-time-use glass bead in each match that lasts one minute. Although that would make totems even more weak but devs should make them better hidden anyway.

  • Then 1 perk for 2-3 and 2 perks for 4. I mean they already get a free alert, bond, kindred, empathy anyway.

  • @Stinde said:

    Same perk pool for all players in an SWF group would be a reasonable change imo. No more stacking 4x4 second chance perks with coordination.

    I personally would also go as far as limiting the amount of same item type. We all hate the combinations of 4 styptics/syringes, 4 BNPs, 4 sabo boxes, 2 BNPs with a map and a key etc.

    Simple solo buff would be showing other survivor's perks and equipped items at the lobby. And each solo survivor could have one-time-use glass bead in each match that lasts one minute. Although that would make totems even more weak but devs should make them better hidden anyway.

    What's funny is that they already show perks and items on mobile.

  • Everytime when devs trying to nerf SWF, they always get it wrong and the nerf actually goes on solo queue, even make SWF happier.